Has anything like this ever happened to any other drivers?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Runaway02, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Runaway02

Runaway02 Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2007
    LOL,They are going to learn that I'm not a quitter.I've worked hard most of my life and very seldom asked anybody for anything,was raised with the philosophy"you want it,get off your butt and get it".So now it's not like I'm WANTING to just lay around and get paid for nothing,just want to go to a doc and go back to work.But it is only right that they pay for that doc.(again thats just my opinion,sure theirs some who disagree).:sad4:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    Absolutely! They have a legal and moral obligation to see that you get the help you deserve and worked for. Glad you are standing up for yourself, real interested in knowing who these bottom feeders are when you get it resolved.

Runaway02 and simplyred1962 Thank this.
  4. Runaway02

Sep 28, 2007
    Thanks Telcobilly.Going to call the lawyer Mon.to see whats going on,really need to get to a doc.the headache has been real bad today,but that may partly be from stress of all this,I know the lawyer is going to stretch it out awhile so he can make more money,I just want this over with and my license cleared.Be carefull out there.

5. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Hey, runaway! I've read this entire thread, and it seems to me that you and your lawyer have a firm grip on this companies' short-and-curlies...GOOD FOR YOU!!

Sorry to hear about your little fur-baby.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you!!

Judi Kay

Runaway02 Thanks this.
  6. Runaway02

Sep 28, 2007
    Thank you,I miss her so much it hurts,we were together so long.

7. wishful thinking

wishful thinking Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    Round Mountain, TX
    Keep your head up don't let the company or their insurance drag you down.I had a company do this t me it was a small outfit when i came back to work all my stuff was in the shop and my truck was gone. Instead of fighting the I just shrugged it off and got on with a great company so sometimes things work themselves out for the best . That other company was out of business 6mths later .

Runaway02 Thanks this.
  8. Runaway02

Sep 28, 2007
    Thank you,yeah feeling down today but I'll be ok.You were lucky you got your stuff back.I've talked to other drivers whose property was *lost*in these situations.

9. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    Time for an update even if it is only generic same-o nothing new.

10. Runaway02

Sep 28, 2007
    OK,not much to report yet though.Companies insurance sent me a letter that said they wouldn't pay for anything because I told the doc I was tired when I laid down and I have a past history of migrains.So they say that it is a pre-existing condition.The fact that I whacked my head and back and the doc said I had a concussion and had a mild seizure from the concussion apparently went right over their head.My lawyers assistant called wednesday and said they hadn't gotten my records from the OH hospital yet but that she would contact them again to try to get them.My family doc has called every neurologist around to try to get me in but it's the same story "No money,No insurance,No Help".I even got desperate enough to try to get TN CARE just long enough to get into the doc but was turned down.(I am apparently too healthy,lol).Tried to get unemployment for a couple of weeks but that fell through too,I don't qualify because I wasn't "Laid off".Thank heavens for the best landlord/friend anyone could have,he knows we will catch him up when we can so there is one bright spot.If anyone has any suggestions on anything else I can try I welcome the feedback.:biggrin_25514:

11. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    As this is workmens comp case although clouded by the two state issues the workmens comp site for your state has a list of workmens comp doctors.

Runaway02 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.