Has Maverick Specialized Improved???

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by AllLab, Dec 18, 2007.

1. AllLab

AllLab Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2007
    changes daily
    I applied to Maverick but they said it would be 4-5 weeks before a trainer would be available,Flat Bed, but they can get me in specialized in a week??? Can they not still get poeple to come in to and stay in the Glass hauling?? I have read some of the nightmare stories about how the division was when they took it over! Just wondering if its still that bad??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hytekrednek

hytekrednek Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Rock Hill, S.C.
    I got a buddy of mine thats running for Maverick. He said if it wasnt for the 14 days out and only two home he would be doing glass. The boys in glass are getting new pay raise starting Jan. 1. Its good money. Im thinking bout doin it myself. They say if you are goin through or near the house you are able to go home for your 10 hr. Ive talked to a guy hear in Rock Hill, S.C. that runs glass. He is home every night or every other night. I dont think its all that bad.

4. papabear1170

papabear1170 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Beebe,ar
    I believe Maverick is pushing there specialized division right now. I've heard several drivers that talked to recruiters that were pushing the specialized division. Starting Jan 1 the division will get a pay raise. This should bring the drivers pay in the division up to what the flat division is makeing. I train for Maverick and I will be available for another student in about 2 weeks. You will make about 45k - 48k your first year if you haven't diven flat b4. If you have experiance, you should make 52k - 55k your first year in the US division.

5. AllLab

AllLab Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2007
    changes daily
    Thanks Fella's, for the info!!

6. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Looking for someone from that co. to refer me. I am putting in my app tonight.

7. Big Pimpin

Big Pimpin Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2007
    KY
    Yea I think the glass is up to like 45cents a mile on Jan. 1st

8. Kangaroo7

Kangaroo7 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Central NC
    Hey PapaBear,

I will be coming to orientation in my hometown of Laurinburg this Sunday. I'm really nervous, but after a tour in Iraq, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. Is there any advice you or any of the other MS guys (Jimmy P, Tinbender) can give me about Orientation and just being successful. Now I admit, I have very limited driving experience but I'm a fast learner. Thanks.

Kangaroo7

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.