Has this ever happened to you.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by palerdr, Dec 19, 2007.

1. poppy

poppy "I Love that Cushaw Pie"

Jul 31, 2007
    ky
    thats a bad feeling. was sitting at a light one day and had sat there for a few minutes when bam, i thought oh hell, i rolled. i set brake and got out and a woman ran up and said oh i'm sorry, i hit you. i felt good along about this time.:yes2557: i looked and there was not even a mark on either of us, so i told her if she was alright with it i was too. but i knew i didn't roll, just couldn't convince myself very quick because we were all stopped.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. palerdr

palerdr Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    albuquerque,n.m
    and it freaks the hell outta ya for sure.

4. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I have that feeling too...NO you are not alone.

5. palerdr

Nov 18, 2007
    albuquerque,n.m
    the next time it happens I'll have a good laugh ..hopefully. but it is strange why it happens. i wonder if it has something to do with equilibrium in the brain .

6. LuckyLady7

LuckyLady7 <strong>Good Luck Charm</strong>

Nov 8, 2007
    South Carolina

I had this happen to me a couple of times and I really thought I was losing it...but it was the truck beside me that was moving...sure made me put my foot on the brake pedal...and I never knew why I did that.....now thats weird....lol:biggrin_25526:

7. palerdr

Nov 18, 2007
    albuquerque,n.m
    definitely wakes you up. people probably think we're a bunch of kooks when we slam our brakes when we're already stopped. funny actually , now that i think about it !

8. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Just the other day I was in a double Left turn lane. and the truck to the right of me started thru the light while still read because the right arrow Green had come on but this truck was going left. I proceded to start going myself till my wife barked at me.....

9. palerdr

Nov 18, 2007
    albuquerque,n.m
    truck next to you it can get pretty interesting sometimes. Good thing your wife was in control of the situation .

10. RBPC

RBPC Short & Sassy

Jun 20, 2007
    Where I Want To Be
    My stomach is a lil queasy after reading these posts!:tongue6:
    Scares the heck out of me too!

Do you close your eyes at night and see highway lines too?

11. palerdr

Nov 18, 2007
    albuquerque,n.m
    only sometimes. kidding. But I will tell you another phenomenon that happens.. and it's not just me that this happens to. Sometimes when I'll be sleeping in the sleeper , which isn't too often because I'm home a lot.... all of a sudden I'll kinda wake up only to feel the truck rolling forward !!! I look around for two seconds.. then jump up in a near panic and THROW open the curtain, only to see that I'm an insane mental case and the truck is still where I parked it. I'm convinced that it has something to do with the brain.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.