Hauling a companies trailer

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by LilMissy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. LilMissy

LilMissy Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    If hauling a companies trailer, just a gooseneck (30’ trailer on my 3500 Ram), I know you have to know what it weighs, but do you have to go through the contents?
    Do you sign the bill of lading when they hand it to you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. beastr123

beastr123 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Moose Jaw SK CAN
    you should make a list of all contents and and damage to the trailer(with pictures) and give the owner (or their representative) a signed copy and have them sign a copy for you to keep.
    You should do the same in case of additions or returns, a new note with signatures attached to your original.
    Report any damage with explanation immediately with pictures while you pull it.

CYA

Lite bug and LilMissy Thank this.
  4. LilMissy

LilMissy Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    So when you pick up a trailer, you unload it, so you can check all contents, make a list and have them sign it?

dont mean to sound stupid, but I think that is a lot to do. It is a work trailer for a crew for a small company.

5. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    BOL: FAK, place seal on door. Annotate seal number. Have shipper sign off on seal number placed, and then receiver initial seal intact upon arrival.

6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    30 foot gooseneck...you mean a 30 foot flatbed like a hotshot trailer? Usually the shipper makes the BOL listing what it is and the weight, or the broker perhaps. In a pinch you can create your own with a web template and like he said above me put "FAK" and the approximate weight. Take pictures of all 4 sides of it before hooking up to it and then again when you deliver it. Usually whoever you deliver it to signs the BOL and you both keep a copy.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.