Hauling for Carvana? Any information?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by shawnbfromjersey, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    I was just talking to a driver in TX had no experience 65k. Great benefits works 4 -12 hour shifts home every night then off 3 days it sounds like a great job . See if they last.

CT-Driver860 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jasoncarz

jasoncarz Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Seattle
    Since carvana is the son of drivetime. I’m betting they will.

4. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Didnt know that. I have a drivetime down the street. They been here since I’ve moved here 10years ago. There will always be a need for a car lot that finances bad credit. So they’ll stick around.

jasoncarz Thanks this.
  5. jasoncarz

jasoncarz Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Seattle
    Yeah, I followed Carvana from the minute they started. The son seems to be trying to elevate their offerings to more a KMX level.

Radman Thanks this.
  6. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sounds like an awesome schedule. If I could take $65K, sounds like something I’d like to try. But I’ve #### near made that this year already, and it’s only August. How high does the pay go?

crb Thanks this.
  7. CT-Driver860

CT-Driver860 Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    Anyone currently hauling for Carvana?

8. 76kevino76

76kevino76 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2018
    20170728_233826.jpg 20170728_233826.jpg I hauled for carvana for about 7 months b4 I got let go for speeding on my inspection report. (My fault I know lol lesson learned) lol overall Carvana was cool. During the busy season you loading 8 to 9 cars working 6 to 12 hours depending on the run. I know guys that work 5 to 6 hours that make 2 runs from winder ga to Atlanta making 70k. Don't even work 40 hours a week lol it has been a while since I spoke to anyone over there about the pay but they may have raised it I'm not sure. I do know that 70k was talked about but everything was still new at the time as far as driver pay goes. They have changed some policies as well as far as attendance goes. They have a point system even with a doctor's not it will count against you. They did not have that while I was there. Managment in winder ga played favorites at times and even gave me a hard time with taking time off for my newborn son. Overall the job was cool they used to give out 50 Walmart gift cards for perfect attendance every month I think they apply it to your check last I heard now. Carvana is a good starting gig for those that want to get into car hauling. All of your cars are within walking distance and they are all staged for you. So the loading process once you learn it is pretty easy. During busy season you touch a lot of cars but I have had times where I literally drove 3hrs to swap 2 cars with a driver. Lol the salary is cool bc you not working super hard but of course they are growing so things may ha e changed but it was cool while I was there

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Radman Thanks this.
  9. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    They certainly haven't raised the pay. When I talked to a few months ago will 65k plus some bonuses or whatever. I interviewed at Winder, I wasn't impressed. Reading between the lines it sounded like they wanted you to live for Carvana, sounds like your schedule could be all over the place. The interview give me an impression that the whole place was a bit of a cluster####. They weren't interested and neither was I.

YMMV and all that.

10. hrnf

hrnf Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2019
    Do you have to have truck driving experience or just a cdl? I am almost finished my CDL but no trucking experience will Carvana take me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.