Have any drivers w/ major carriers gotten a raise ?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Nobroker, Apr 11, 2019.

1. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    I’m sorry but I wouldn’t get out of bed for $.38/mile.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Yea you wouldn't now because you aren't a rookie or a guy with less than a year experience. 1400 a week is alot of money to alot of people. We as truck drivers on average make more than alot of people.

otterinthewater Thanks this.
  4. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    $.38/mile was what I got paid at my first trucking job 14 years ago... and most weeks I never made more than $1000 a week. And that was staying gone for 6 weeks at a time. Home every day, Monday-Friday gig making $.30 more per mile than back then.

Kawinige01 Thanks this.
  5. Cookie931

Cookie931 Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2017
    I think it's more of a realizing when ur in a entry base company and that their business plan has a high turn over rate built in. Decent companies pay drivers well and drivers that put time into their company end up with other higher pay, extra perks, and combinations of anything between. I've found a boss that pays me fair. Takes care of me. And now pays me hub miles on what I do. Iam not a top 10% earner in the industry but my pay is steady and above entry level by a ways. Took me 5 yrs to work to this. Just saying imho this industry is not of the norm like alot of others and neither is the pay. Instead of getting caught up on com look at week avg gross for judgment on companies

6. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    First am thinking the mobile app does not clarify car haul vs general freight as some of the responses have to be dry van based.

Second, am reading a ton of dealerships are overstocked. New car sales are falling off with increased msrp's. Finance rates are up & surely insurance follows suit. Just read an article saying that 2016 was the high water mark for auto sales & things have been incrementally slipping since. Still a strong market, but it is not increasing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.