Have permit, interview tomorrow for Gordon Food Service, tickets

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Evergreenapple, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Evergreenapple

Evergreenapple Light Load Member

May 29, 2018
    Pittsburgh, PA
    About my driving record

In October of 2015, I rear ended a vehicle in my personal vehicle, the officer wrote me 2 tickets, a careless driving ticket, and an operator must be licensed ticket(registration was expired, it wasn’t my truck, but my brothers, and he hadn’t renewed the registration, and in September and November Of 2017, a deer hit me in two separate vehicles(the September one isn’t on my driving record at all, but my November one is, no tickets from either one)

Will this come back to bite me? Since October of 2015, no tickets or accidents involving vehicles

I would assume they would pull my driving record before they interview me(to make sure I’m hireable) but I’m probably wrong on that

As far as I know, the registration ticket I don’t think in my state is considered a moving violation

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. James122

James122 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    The deer won't, the others will.

4. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Careless may be the issue, but ... see what happens.

What some of you newbies need to do is apply and apply and apply. When they run your MVR and there are things on it, and they still call you for an interview, then go and don't worry. Be honest and if they don't want you, then move on.

Fuelinmyveins and James122 Thank this.
  6. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Well tell them you are very much into working hard and doing what it takes and are willing to help the team. You also understand that the company has lots of money laid out in capital expenditure and you’re going to work very hard to keep invoice credits to a minimum and you are going to be punctual and on time to work to provide premium customer service.

GFS has very high standards and during times of the year you can set you’re watch to us.

So team work, doing quality work and safety and doing you’re part to keep the trucks and trailers in top shape. GFS works very hard to keep the fleet up and us drivers need to do our part.

Fuelinmyveins, Longarm and localguy65 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.