Have y’all ever gotten to this point?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by rccarlson22, Jun 4, 2021.

1. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019
    I really want these new high count gearboxes to work, but they seem to keep having their faults. That sucks but good thing you have backup

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019

It’s just like anything else, has pros and cons. Have you thought about hiring a driver? Again, pros and cons there

4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    If I were to hire a driver(s) or start adding trucks I'd only do it with semis. Putting together hotshot loads is a lot of work because you are usually dealing with partials or with cars it's always multiple cars going different places. Trying to piece that all together takes a lot of extra time vs just knowing the load will fit on a 53 ft van or 48ft flat.

Also, it's already a deal with burnout for otr semi guys and really IMO hotshot is something a owner op does. I just don't see hired drivers lasting with hotshot. The only way I can see hotshot working with hired drivers is running cars as day runs more like a local driver thing but I haven't been able to see where the money is with that short of running a wrecker service. At least not in FL.. I mean yea there are tons of cars to move in FL but the rates are too low to try to hire a driver to run them.

5. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Oh okay, I didn't realize 2019 qualified as "old" already lol, but I do know they went back to a version of the CP3 on the 2021 models.

As I understand it, the 19's and 20's can be retrofitted with CP3's if all is still well...costs about $3k or so but it can be done. (On the Fords it wont fit...I would never run one of those anyway, with that being one of the big reasons.) If the pump ruined itself already it's a $10k mess.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.