Have you had a complaint filed against your DOT#?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by rch10007, Dec 7, 2022.

1. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Has anyone ever called in a complaint about your company? What kind of response should I expect?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    A few times. If you know who it is, then you know what the complaint is and if it's justified. May get a letter from FMCSA. If it's for illegal operation, may get an audit.

Rideandrepair, Siinman and rch10007 Thank this.
  4. rch10007

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    I think it’s a pissed off neighbor.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Are THEY a bad neighbor, or are YOU the bad neighbor?

6. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    What was the complaint? And is it actually something FMCSA would care about?

Saying this, as neighbor issues tend toward county or municipal zoning enforcement or traffic cops, not a fed agency.

Rideandrepair, Siinman and Oxbow Thank this.
  7. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I had a guy call me one time (said he was another driver) that said he was ran off the road in GA by a white KW that was one of our trucks. Only issue is, we don’t own a white KW and didn’t have any trucks in GA. He called me a lier so I asked for the DOT number which he didn’t know.

He was very mad, but I assume he didn’t report me because he didn’t have my DOT number. Only thing I can figure is it was another company with a name similar to ours, so he googled it and our name popped up.

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    They could care less about a neighbor complaint, not their jurisdiction.

9. rch10007

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Depends.

Rideandrepair and 86scotty Thank this.
  10. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Good neighbor to his wife, but not so much to him ehh?

11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve often wondered if I’ve ever had a complaint. Especially in the past when it seemed I was getting randomly inspected constantly. Even got pulled over by Homeland Security for supposedly trailer weaving in my lane. They checked my log book. It was very strange. Vague unmarked vehicle @ 2:00 am. Vague uniforms w/ “special agent” patches. Radio covering their name tags. Prompted me to ask,”who are you guys?” They told me, and said they worked out of the local police station. They knew my nephew, an officer there. For a minute I thought I was getting hijacked, or robbed. Haven’t been hassled since. Very strange. I can’t help but wonder if some of my previous conversations over the phone about conspiracy theories etc. using a lot of trigger words got me put on a list of some sort. Paranoid? Maybe. My friend who I was conversing with quite a bit also was getting randomly inspected also. Makes me wonder. So my question now is, do they have to contact you when a complaint is made?

rch10007 and Siinman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.