Hazmat, and tanker endorsement?

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by bamamac, Sep 26, 2012.

1. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Will both of these endorsments getyou better miles at KLLM?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    KLLM isnt the point you never know what life has in store down the road
    i have had a forklift certification in my wallet for 5 years never needed it
    just last week i got unloaded a day early because they let me put the load in the cooler because i showed them that
    stupid little card

nicholas_jordan Thanks this.
  4. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Thnks transam Pete that i some very good advise

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does KLLM have tankers? I looked at their website, kllm.com, & only see reefers. Give them & call and ask.

6. Bigdoggie

Bigdoggie Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    They don't have tankers but; they do haul liquid for a few customers where you've got X amount of gallons on board (I can't remember off the top of my head what that is exactly) and you need a tanker endorsement to haul it. Hazmat at KLLM? Last I knew, they push the few company drivers that are still there to get it or else you won't get any more loads. They do not push the lease drivers to get it however. Why that is; I have no clue. Maybe the lease drivers cannot pass the fingerprint / background checks that are required for getting your h-mat. I don't know; I thought it was a breeze. Anyhow, you don't make much more hauling h-mat with them. You have to stop and every few hours and document tire checks on your log (so basically; you're not moving) amongst other things. You'll get sent out to horrible places like New Jersey (because all the lease people turn those loads down) and watch rats running all over the place, just to pick up some stupid load and then...only get swapped out once you make it to a wonderfully large truck stop in the middle of Pennsylvania (and then the lease op guy gets to run it out to Portland).

I would get your tanker endorsement as well as H-mat, but I would use them wisely. This is the wrong company to even begin to entertain endorsements like that. You will be a "whipping post" and realize this very quickly. Tanker is a relatively easy test, you can practice online. H-mat; a little different. More study time, practice that one online too. Drive safe and I'll see you out there.

7. bama07football

bama07football Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2012
    everywhere but home
    KLLM is requiring all company and lease drivers to get both tanker and hazmat...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.