HD Hood Concord, NH or Pepsi in Wilmington, MA

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jjay, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Jjay

Jjay Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Hi I was wondering if anyone knows about HD hood as a CDL a driver? I am trying to decide between HD hood in concord ,NH or Pepsi in Wilmington, MA ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Appears the Hood job is a grocery supply chain.
    That could range from bumping docks, to rolling totes down a ramp and delivering into convenience stores.
    I can't really say for certain, as I'm not familiar with that outfit.

The Pepsi job I have done.
    It's one of three things.

1) Route delivery.
    Delivering product off of a side bay truck and rolling product into stores.. then merchandising it onto shelving and coolers. (In all kinds if weather)
    2)Bulk delivery
    Much like the first, but it's delivered on a trailer with a drop gate and palletized freight.
    You'll use an electric Jack to get it near the door.. break it down, and roll it in and merchandise it.
    3) Work directly for the bottler where the drinks are packaged.
    There you'll pull trailers full of new product directly to area distributors and likely drop and hook in their docks with last nights trailer that they emptied.

Best guess.

FlaSwampRat, Jjay and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. Jjay

Jjay Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Do they drug test the same day as the interview?

5. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Most likely.

6. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Is that HD or HP Hood? Never heard of HD Hood but HP Hood is a dairy/milk company. If it's HP Hood, than they're your typical milk hauler like Dean Foods.

Not quite sure about how they run in the New England areas, but in Philly, they are teamsters local 463 (formerly known as Penn Maid). They use to also own Rosenbergers and Crowley before Balford Farms acquired them. They also own Kemp's and Lactaid too.

Indeed.com has some reviews on HP Hood in the New England areas and apparently they are non union up there and have a high turnover rate, which probably explains the 5k signing bonus. Paid by salary based on 11 hours a day, 4 days a week with no OT and working 14-16 hours a day, which means you're being screwed on pay. Inward and outward facing cameras and early morning start times. No thanks!!! There are better paying milk companies out there. Dean Foods would be my choice.

Usually these milk delivery DSD drivers have multiple stops (probably around 15-20 with a tractor trailer) delivering milk by either dragging stacks of milk crates with a hook or using a hand truck and liftgate to unload. Very labor intensive work. It's not easy dragging gallons of stacked milk crates all day long.

7. Jjay

Jjay Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Thank you guys for the information!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.