He did it AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by GuysLady, Oct 15, 2007.

1. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I don't know if this is a simple rant, or asking for advise, or what, but here it goes! AGAIN!

He picked up yet another of those yellow pieces of paper. You know, the ones the bears give you when they think you have done something wrong? Yeah, just one clear, and he gets another **** **** ****** ******* ticket!

He got this one for an unsafe lane change! He was coming up on a truck parked alongside the highway, too close to the fogline in his opinion. So he moved over. But the vehicle that had been nothing but a dot in his rearview mirror when he started the lane change was flying up RIGHT BEHIND him when he completed the lane change! If any of you know SR99 in CA, you KNOW how they drive out there!

Nothing else on the ticket, just the lane change. But Jiminey Christmas! Driving in CA costs more than he can make here!

This is INSANITY! Didn't I just finish cleaning one mess?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Yes you did! Now, calm down a minute and think. Can he go to court and explain his situation? I would think that the trooper would have seen the circumstance as forgivable, since the truck on the shoulder was so close.

Dang girl. He's a magnet, isn't he?

4. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    It's all about MONEY!

YOU got it and they want it......:biggrin_25521:

5. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    So true!!! :biggrin_2554:

6. GuysLady

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    If I have it, where did I put it?

Seriously, the man is a magnet for trouble.

But you know what? We've accomplished something HUGE! Until the last ticket, he wouldn't even warn about them until he got home! So hometime was filled with that one issue! :biggrin_25510: I hate the non-communication more than anything!

The ticket I just finished with, he called me from the gas station about a mile from where he got pulled over. And this one, he called me from the "scene of the crime"! YES!!! He is getting this communication thing down!

He's gonna have to go fight this one. There is no choice. And I am so tired of havng to do this. We have just finished with one fight, and now have to fight another, AND we have one we are waiting on attorneys and such to dismiss.

He's driving me CRAZY!!!!

7. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I sometimes have thought of the left coast(looking at the map) as being almost another country, I really don't care to ever drive a truck there, but the time may come when it happens.:biggrin_2554:

8. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    although some will say bad things,i've had very good results with TVC Platinum on fighting tickets,they turned the same ticket into a parking violation for me years back

9. GuysLady

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Piece of advice concerning driving here: DON'T!!!

10. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I hear you, but I'm crazy enough to like going to Chicago, so I can't say it won't happen:biggrin_2553:.

11. GuysLady

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    My mind is going in overlapping circles on this one. I can't seem to get it out of my head, and I can't seem to get a straight line either.

If a vehicle pulls over in front of an 18 wheeler, and is too close, the 18 wheeler gets the ticket for following too close. If an 18 wheeler pulls over and happens to be too close to a four wheeler it is an unsafe lane change... even if in the first case, he cut in so close you can't see but maybe the front half of his car? or in the second, he simply was NOT there when you began the lane change? I mean , for crying out loud, I have seen this, and I know you all have too!

I keep going in circles on this, and while you and I understand what I am saying, I think I am going to need an interpreter (ie, attorney!) to make a judge get it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.