headed to orientation Tuesday

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Steeleandsonfarms, May 23, 2014.

1. Steeleandsonfarms

Steeleandsonfarms Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Edgerton, OH
    I'll deadhead first

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jim837

Jim837 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Nebraska
    Dispatcher here would let you sit as punishment for turning it down. Small outfit, 18 trucks 2 owner ops including myself. He is too use to running company trucks and thinks I should haul for those rates. This is why I'm switching to Mercer. I'm gonna feel like I died and went to heaven haha.

4. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    Speaking of trailers..... I cant have anything nice. Ive had more scrapes and gouges on this trailer in 2 months than on any other Ive ever pulled. Maybe Im just more aware since its mine?

5. Bad Monkey

Bad Monkey Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Goshen, IN
    That would make sense. I know I am more aware. The first time a customer ripped a section of the rub rail, I wanted to give the new trailer back and get an old steel trailer so it wouldn't matter if it got hit. But in a few days I changed my mind. I also thank any shippers who are obviously being careful not to hit my trailer. Rob out.

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    If you have to avoid females like the plague then the issue isn't the females or anything that christ spoke of. This is extreme to a ridiculous amount. The type of extreme that I see in a certain other religion. What's the next step? Treating women like cattle and beheading your daughters for marrying outside the religion?

I honestly hope this man is either not approved by Mercer or chooses to not come here. That type of extreme fanatical crap is definitely not something I want to be associated with. Not in my personal life and not in my professional life.

7. KSGunny

KSGunny Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2014
    el paso tx

isis comes to mind :biggrin_25510:

8. Jim837

Jim837 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Nebraska
    Spyder, Gunny, the context for which I asked the question wether you can choose male or female coordinator. I was under the impression lunches were one on one when ever you get thru the terminal. In that context I think it not appropriate for a married man away from your wife weeks at a time. Jesus said pray not to be led into temptation. Given the simple choice of a coordinator it's safer to choose a guy. Y'all are blowing it way out of proportion. I don't seek to avoid women in every aspect of my life but under the context in which I thought things work, given a choice I'd choose in this particular situation to establish my relationship with a man instead of a woman. You have a right to your opinion.

crappiejunkie Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Yes because every time a business lunch takes place in a one on one situation means an affair is bound to happen. About that temptation thing, that has absolute no bearing on a professional level. Just man up and state the truth, either you're wife is psychotic and doesn't trust you around any female co workers, or you've earned her distrust. Those are pretty much the only logical possibilities to lead to such fanatical stances.

kona911 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  10. Jim837

Jim837 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Nebraska
    I don't see one in my inbox. Didn't see your post here till this morn sorry.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.