Headed to Roehl 08/07/11.

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Sincere, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Moriarti

Moriarti Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NW Indiana
    Assuming you sent in your #3, and #8 when appropriate, you should be good for detention, they'll just deduct that 10 hour break from it. be sure to talk to your FM.
    Unless you drive a van, then nevermind.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    yeah I drive a box...unfortunately I lost out on good detention time because I have drive time from GP to the parking lot I was allowed to stay in...oh well...

4. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    Well found out yesterday that I am the last one standing in my RDTC class...everyone else has either quit or been fired... This Job is too easy...why quit...I just roll with the punches, suck it up and drive on....I guess some just can't take the time away from home...I miss my kids and they are little little (4,3,1) and I wish I could be home more but this job is the one that pays the bills...maybe once I am all settled in WI and out of the Army I can try a regional job or even local...I like roehl and haven't ran into any big isssues...

5. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    grr I got an email from my unit...they moved annual training to17 january to the first of Feb from april...in order to support a mobilizing unit...(wonderful still don't get to do my army job) the worse part is 8 days after AT I have a 3 day drill...I mean come on...
    I really hate being in Rear Det...we don't do anything productive except waste tax dollars.....this is really cutting into my paycheck...and deep too....plus takes time away from my kids...I can't wait til I am out...

6. Jyanis

Jyanis Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Central Massachusetts
    Hey all...kinda new to the forum and Roehl is the company I plan to go with upon graduation. Quick question...the $600 hire bonus after Orientation...do they hand that to you so you can use it for food while out with the trainer? Or is it deposited into your bank account? Either way it's not a big deal but I was just wondering. Thanks in advance & be safe!

7. GunzFlatbedder

GunzFlatbedder Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Marshfield
    broke into 2 pmts of $300 over next 2 weeks, direct deposit, get 1st pmt the day you leave with trainer

Jyanis Thanks this.
  8. Jyanis

Jyanis Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Central Massachusetts
    Thank you for the heads up!

9. cracker88

cracker88 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Las Vegas,NV
    Alright I talked to Cheryl on Friday I leave for Gary on January 8th. Western flatbed here I come. Has anyone been to the Phoenix terminal yet?

10. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    FM and I found out that the qualcomm is giving me bogus numbers for my fuel milage...the qualcomm is saying 3-5 mpg...and I am running High 6s and mid 7s when I do it with pencil and paper (with a little help from my calculator)...she is going to talk to fuel about it and inquire...(and yes I even use the exact gallons listed on the pump for accurate milage when I figure it myself)...

11. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    My fuel mileage is coming up as 3's as well. Something is screwy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.