Heading out this weekend to pick up our newest editions!

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by KANSAS TRANSIT, Nov 20, 2018.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Nice truck Stan ! I like it .
    I'll have to skip the dinner invite but thank you ! .

BigBob410 and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    Once upon a time on a day cab I was taking a nap in the passenger seat because I had like a 3hr wait time or something. I said f@&$ it I'm talking a nap. Fast forward an hour or so, highway patrol banging on my passenger door. He asked me where's the driver of this rig? I told him I was. He goes why are you asleep in the passenger seat? I said I can't be asleep at the wheel if I'm in the passenger seat. He chuckled and said I was in a no parking zone, did I have enough time to move. Yup sure no problem. Nice fella. Smelled like fried onions and turd, though.

4. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
  5. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Comes standard with sheet of plywood for sleeping on the front seats :)

Congrats buddy.

BigBob410, Mike2633 and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  6. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Why not! It is even legal nowadays to sleep in a daycab, just log it as off-duty. It will get old quick not having any space but it will be cheaper than hotels until you can extend the cab.

BigBob410, Mike2633 and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  7. triplej469

triplej469 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Hey Stan its Joel from Anytime im curious about the trailer is that your design or SC'S and how is it working out????

KANSAS TRANSIT and BigBob410 Thank this.
  8. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Hey Joel, it was a collaboration, too be honest I am waiting for my lightweight truck to get done, then I should be able to see how it goes. If you are asking me to guess based on the one load that I hauled, I think the goal of hauling 5 units without any overhang front or rear will work well, BUT, I think depending on the units you may get "slightly" over on the rear axle, it would be a perfect trailer for the Northeast, where over hang is a no-no but up to 22,000 on the rear axle is acceptable!

BigBob410 and brian991219 Thank this.
  9. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    If you could have seen some of the stuff I put on those 5 car Sun Country's !! LOL

How's the project coming along Stan ?

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  10. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Hey Mike, the tractor wb stretch and moving all of the components and adding a "matching" batt box on the pass side is all done. He welded a custom tailpanel in to carry my rear lights and all of my electrical and air connections, raised the fenders to accept the taller rubber, added a trailer service valve in the cab and an air suspension gauge, cut down the polished tread plates so both side are identical and installed the deck plates, he should have the 5th wheel mounted today.

Hopefully I can pick it up tom and get the tires mounted, have to calibrate the speedo then I am going to run it for a week or two, after I am sure everything is copacetic I will drop it to the body shop and start on the cab stretch, it really was a lot more work than it looked, but when done it will be exactly what I want!

BigBob410, brian991219 and Tall Mike Thank this.
  11. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    nice !!

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.