Heading to Allentown orientation 6/25

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Koolguy, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Good luck, man. Make it work...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Heads up I saw some werner pulling tankers in west Virginia I guess the dry van business is getting unprofitable.

4. bOOmBoTz401

bOOmBoTz401 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Thanks for the updates man..I recieved a prehire from them and will be heading to allentown next month...good to see how others are doing with it keep us updated

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Koolguy

Koolguy Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    Well after driving only 140 miles in traffic from Md to Virginia. were heading back up to Pa to drop our next load off. it sucks that the shipper wont have the trailer done until late tonight so i wont be able to haul it and some more drive time in. but my trainer is pretty cool. he showed the tips and tricks do driving in heavy traffic and down 6% grades. I like the guy and think ill ill have no problems. so far 4/275 hrs of driving but that fully comfirmed...

6. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    You don't know traffic until you drive the cross Bronx at rush hour

bighaulc-15 and TheyCallmeToddler Thank this.
  7. Koolguy

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    I drove through the bronx once with my car and it was a nightmare. i could had walk faster then driving. It always horrible there.

Since i wasnt on here yestetday i have to up this some. yesterday (6/30) there a bad storm and possible tornadoes sighting like 40 milesof the reststop we were in. So we set out after the storm passes and we show at the ahipper at 0230. everything is off and no power. come to find out they lost power and the have locks to hold the trailers to the docks. so we stay there and slept until 1100. then call dispatch and took us off the load and said drive towards NC. your next load will be there. so now were here in nc and our next load cant get pick up until Monday morning (7/2). So today (7/1) were just gonna sit here at the Loves reststop for the day. 9/275hrs

8. Omar0224

Omar0224 Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Hey man thanks much for the updates I'm headed to Werner orientation in two weeks what advice would you give me? How does the process roll?

9. bighaulc-15

bighaulc-15 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2012
    new albany IN
    I think i would have told the recruiter from tmc that you will be going to the barber and you are cutting them off.

10. bighaulc-15

bighaulc-15 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2012
    new albany IN
  11. Koolguy

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    my hair is half way down my back. i been growing and maintaining it for years. im not gonna but it off for some company that provide false information.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.