Heads Up Regarding Love's in Sioux Falls SD...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Buc, Jul 15, 2021.

1. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    :biggrin_255::biggrin_1square11:

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    The McDonald's just past that Love's has truck parking. Also, just up that same road (Cliff Avenue) is a Marlin's restaraunt on the left with plenty of truck parking.

4. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    The beacon, and the parking spaces in front of it, can be hard to figure out how to get to. There's an optical illusion which can make it seem that the back way is closed off, forcing you to have to sit in line at the fuel pumps. But if you snake around the back side of the construction, you will find that there is in fact a way thru.

5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Can’t see them tearing the building down and putting up a new one since they’re building a Loves in Kimball, but stranger things have happened.

BeHereNow97 and Truckermania Thank this.
  6. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I've been doing local for several months now but this is great news for OTR drivers! I always thought they needed a Love's around the Mitchell area. So now drivers will have that Love's and also that huge rest area in Chamberlain. I just googled it and found this:

Love’s Travel Stop coming to Kimball in December | The Mitchell Republic

Summary: Will employ around 20 people, Subway, Godfather's Pizza, Will be finished in December 2021 if all goes according to schedule and WILL NOT have a mechanic shop.

It doesn't say how many truck parking spaces will be available.

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    20201018_103758.jpg

BeHereNow97 and Savor the Flavor Thank this.
  8. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Dave do you and your drivers ever go through South Dakota? One of the best states to drive through especially during the summertime. I don't recall seeing many Landstar trucks on I-29 or I-90 but I'm sure there were, you guys are everywhere.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    We go there, through there. I tend to find myself two laning through there.
    Depends who's paying. Who has freight back. I don't go much over a week to 10 days without hitting the house.
    If I was just going to roam, probably go there more.
    I delivered and loaded in Minot several years ago....was so cold dude was wearing a north pole outfit with a breathing apparatus.

Team818 and BeHereNow97 Thank this.
  10. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    Best fried chicken in South Dakota is at the existing truckstop on the north side of I-90 at Kimball. Theres always parking, but the gravel lot can get a bit rough.

PDQ, I-90 will suck even more. Right now, lots of RVs and campers going 75+ and doing stupid things.

Another week or so, and then for the following 3 weeks, add in thousands of knotheads on motorcycles in packs headed to or from Sturgis.

Time fer hitting 2 lanes in South Dakota.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.