Healthy truckers!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by tomem123, Feb 16, 2017.

1. tomem123

tomem123 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2017
    How do you guys keep yourself healthy? A little exercise routine, diets and what else? I have read an article recently about the health risk drivers possess. I have also heard about people getting unhealthy after a couple of long drives. I guess it's all because of their lifestyles. Over years of my trucking life, I rarely had any health issues except minor back pain troubles after long drives. I do walking plus jogging for a couple of miles daily along with some sit ups. I have been reasonably strict with my diet, no sugar, no oily or processed food except having a piece of cake during any birthday party I attend. I never smoke and quit drinking alcohol years back. With years of trucking to come, I hope my daily routine will defend me from getting sick.

Bakari742 and ASmallFleetDriver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ASmallFleetDriver

ASmallFleetDriver Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016
    ChicagoLand
    Eating right and doing 30 mins of physical activity is all it takes :p

Bakari742 and Puppage Thank this.
  4. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    1. I always go around the buffet to the right.
    2. I always spend at least 30 mins a day running my mouth on the cb.
    So I should be good to go.

TravR1, homeskillet, Bakari742 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. ASmallFleetDriver

ASmallFleetDriver Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2016
    ChicagoLand
    Careful- you dont want to overtrain :p

cnsper, Bakari742, KillingTime and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
  7. Stachegravy

Stachegravy Bobtail Member

May 17, 2016
    Utah
    I keep a small stair stepper in the truck. I keep some dumbbells in the truck. I have a portable gymnast mat under my matress (planking, situps and leg lifts). I keep my backpack full of my trail gear, in my passenger seat. I'm taking 5 months off, beginning in April, to hike the Pacific Crest Trail (2700 miles from Mexico to Canada). This is what I do, after 18 years of truckin.

homeskillet, Dharok and Bakari742 Thank this.
  8. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    all of the above, plus i park 2 miles from the truck stop unless fueling up and walk back, do all my unloading, stopped drinking soda, and have become a fitness instructor !

9. Coltgrimes36

Coltgrimes36 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    I try to make as much as I can on the truck. I try to limit sodas and drink tea or water instead. I also try not to eat within a couple of hours of bed. Avoiding as much bread as possible helps too. Walking is always good as well. My next challenge to my self is to quit smoking

dan31186 Thanks this.
  10. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Eat early afternoon. Ride my bicycle when i can, walk sometimes. Pushups using fenders. Watch what i eat.

Coltgrimes36 Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Loading 48000 pounds, drive a while, however far, get out unload and restack all that 48000 pounds.

Take a nap enough to drive out the white line fever. Eat some steak and eggs etc.

Reload 48000 in the morning, do it again unloading every day. It was not a problem until I hit my late 30's

I stayed 135 to 155 max soaking wet most of my trucking years simply through the very hard work. I did not care what I ate, sometimes in winter I consumed 8000 calories but stayed in the same weight and kept fit.

Ever since I stopped trucking in 2009 or so, Ive managed to lose weight out of the 300 pound problem back below say 185 which is where I need to be for my future. Considering the problems I have. I can no longer consume that many calories without getting obese. So I am careful what I eat.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.