Heartland Express, Inc. - Coralville, Ia.?

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by thekidsixer, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I have been with them a month.
    I have been home every weekend, accept 1 that I requested to stay out.
    I live in the North east though, so that may be why. Only been south of VA one time.
    Miles are ok, but nothing to write home about. One week was 1800, the others have all been 2100-2800. Which I expected, since they say fleet average from Ohio region is 2200 a week.
    So, would I recommend them? not yet..have not been here long enough.
    But so far the info I was given is accurate.

Keepfrozzin and jtrnr1951 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. impnts2

impnts2 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Where do you live in the Southeast Empty Pockets? Tough area to get to or no?

4. daytriper

daytriper Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Lakeside, CA
    Please tell me more.
    Any recent info on Heartland?
    Good or bad, just want some resent info on them.

Thanks, fellow truckers

:wav:

5. dth3545

dth3545 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2010
    this is the best and most acurate description i have heard yet about this company, very well said, even though i could add a couple of things to the list, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! speaks for itself.

CondoCruiser and reefer75 Thank this.
  6. Keepfrozzin

Keepfrozzin Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25524::biggrin_25513: Done fore, All alone! The children mocking Hook in Peter Pan..

7. Keepfrozzin

Keepfrozzin Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    I wasn't happy working for H.L.E. either. I didn't like fueling exclusivily at terminals. Some of the preloaded trailers they pick-up are not properly blocked and braced. They pay rand-mcnally miles so you need to route as directly as possible. Most of the miles at your destination are not paid for. They don't pay any accesorial pay. The olive branch, ms. terminal isn't a good fit for a company that originates in iowa. The commitment to the ole south is sort of odd.

skullitor Thanks this.
  8. reefer75

reefer75 Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    midwest
    well,from what i read on here going to keep looking :biggrin_25511:

9. reefer75

reefer75 Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    midwest
    WOW!yeah definitely looking for different company now for sure if i wanted that i would stay were i am at now:biggrin_25510: thanks again for the detailed heads up also

10. bullwinkle-bearcub

bullwinkle-bearcub Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    dallas tx
    OK I think I've heard about enough of the heartland bashing here. I have been with them for over a year now.
    This member, justadriver is way off base. my loads avg over 600 miles. All fuelijng is including with load assignment and if I decide I need a differant fueling for whatever reason, my FM will set it up no problem.
    Yes many loads are heavy and many loads are tight in time. Let me ask this though. Name one person who you know including yourself that wouldnt run as tight a ship as you could with your buissness.
    Now with that being said, there are a few things here at heartland that annoy the living crap out of me but when you sign on with them it isnt something they drop on you 2 days later.
    inverters? leavem at home or get fired, period. stupid as hell i know but thats there terms. Ok I deal with that.
    but outside of that heartland is not a bad comapny to work for.
    I started at swift as a rookie
    went to celadon after i got experiance and then to barr-nun and now heartland.
    one of things that i have learned over the years, and this is not directed at justadriver, just saying what ive learned.
    A big portion of truckdrivres that i have met after 8 years on the road are rude lazy people. period. They want to make 65k a year but not lift a finger to do it.
    You want money? then go shovel the crap and get it. again, period. it's not rocket science.

northbamatrucker and kaptsbaby Thank this.
  11. retired driver

retired driver Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Don't go with this company. I was with them until fired. All seemed fine the first month then things changed, new driver manager (you will get one about every 2 to 3 months) then forcing you to run at night, forced dispatched, little home time, and if you have some appoitment or some scheduled event, they will try their hardest not to get you there on time or not get you there at all. read the blog by justadriver, he has nailed it on the head. Good luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.