heartland lies!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by pissed off driver, Jan 2, 2009.

1. pissed off driver

pissed off driver Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2009
    jacksonville,fl
    Stay away from heartland express!! They hire you under the ruse they get you home 3 ot of 4 weekends a month,but every weekend they tell you this #### and bull story that your in a bad area,then you wind up sitting or running 3-400 hundred miles for the weekend.PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! YOU WILL ONLY GET DEEPER IN DEBT AND WORSE OFF THAN YOU WERE!:mmad:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

can you drivers with complaints please be more specific and in depth? I would love to hear how you go broke running an extra 3-400 miles a week. I understand having home time stolen sucks so you don't need to expand upon that one.

4. 1pissedoffdriver

1pissedoffdriver Account Retired at members request

Oct 3, 2008
    KC/NY
    He just told you....300-400 miles on a weekend....gee thats a good deal.
    Were do i sign up....

Big money

5. jeepskate99

Oh great. One of you. How does an EXTRA (this means over and above what you ran during the week in case you don't have a dictionary) 300-400 miles make you broke?

6. davan2004

davan2004 Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Warren, MI
    $.42 for 300-400 = $126-$168 a week. I believe $.42/mi is where they start you off at.

$126-$168 is not very much money.

7. jeepskate99

Oh, I agree that it is crap for money. But it is over and above the current weekly total. It seems Heartland must be doing something that is making it hard for this driver to earn a living that was not mentioned here.

8. 1pissedoffdriver

Oct 3, 2008
    KC/NY
    Trucking has become slave shops,sweat shops....

If you can honestly make 600 miles a day at 40 cents you are doing pretty good...

But these otr truckload carriers screw there drivers on a consistant basis...

Its not worth it

9. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

On another forum, I saw where the drivers cannot have idle percent over 30%. If they do, the company starts to charge them with the cost of the fuel.

On a 300-400 mile trip, just how much idle time do you think there would be?

jeepskate99 Thanks this.
  10. jeepskate99

That's the type of info I am talking about. That would make it hard to earn cash. Thanks roadmedic.

11. 1pissedoffdriver

Oct 3, 2008
    KC/NY
    Now we are getting somewere!!!!

The chips are stacked against you as a driver....trucking has turned to crap -truly...

Its a sad day for trucking.

walleye Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.