heartland lies!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by pissed off driver, Jan 2, 2009.

1. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    11 hours driving available a day equals a hell of alot of sitting around for 3-400 miles . That is not very good utilization doesn't sound like a good company high pay per mile is just a ruse for no miles.

How bout I load up sunday night and deliver monday morning.. 400 miles for the weekend is weeeeeeaaaaakk.

billsgirl and 1pissedoffdriver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDriver23

TruckDriver23 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Illinois
    I never ever have a problem with home time.

4. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Oh my God these people expect me to work.And here I thought it was a paid vacation. Get over it people,truckin is a job. Way too many people on this site that wanna be treated with kid gloves.I have had many times on the road,where I would have been happy to get home once a month. And some company starting you out at $.42 cts. a mile. Thats kinda hard to believe. Even in todays inflated economy. My last job out was $.38 cts a mile and that was with 15 yrs experience. My suggestion ,If you cant run with the big dogs stay under the porch.

1pissedoffdriver and Lilbit Thank this.
  5. 1pissedoffdriver

1pissedoffdriver Account Retired at members request

Oct 3, 2008
    KC/NY
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN ROAD DOG,

:biggrin_25526:I THOUGHT IF I SAT BEHIND MY COMPUTER DESK ARMED WITH MY C.D.L. I WOULD BE ABLE TO GET THE MILES AND GET A GOOD CHECK?

#### I BETTER START MOVING HERE SOON INSTEAD OF BEING A CRITIC ON TRUCKING...I THOUGHT WE GET PAID FOR THIS TYPING....SILLY ME..:biggrin_25512:LOL,LOL,LOL

6. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    When I was making .535 cents a mile I used to think all trucking companies started out at .40+ a mile The ltl ranges from .42 to .64 to start.

7. pissed off driver

pissed off driver Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2009
    jacksonville,fl
    When your only getting5-600 miles a week as a regional driver,2-3-400 miles a week #.42 cents means very little.The attraction to going with heartland was home weekends.Left better paying job because they said home weekends

8. bduke

bduke Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Fontana, ca
    Hold on, lets check our facts. Let's see, otr company? Check. Advertise on this site? Check. Constantly advertise on the web or in truckstop magazines? Check.

Yes you are correct. Drivers should stear clear of this company.

That was easy.

billsgirl Thanks this.
  9. Outinc

Outinc Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Douglas, Az
    I'll make this short. I've been driving for over 30 years, worked for Heathless Express for 10 months out of Phoenix. They are the worest company I've EVER worked for. I quit after 6 weeks but got talked into coming back by a higher up in Iowa. I made little money and had to fight about everything with them. I now understand what they mean when they say "Hearthland Cares", they care about themselves and not one little bit about the driver. I can not say this clearer, STAY A WAY from them. I left them and luckly landed at a good company that really cares about it's drivers, no forced dispatch, great home time, and they provide the miles, 3,000+ a week.

10. scarecrow56

scarecrow56 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2006
    palm bay, fl.
    And who might you be talking about Outinc? My wife/teamate are between jobs and are looking for a good place to go.

11. Outinc

Outinc Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Douglas, Az
    I hate to recomend a company because every company will have some drivers who will have something bad to say about them. I guess it's just how you fit into their operation and what it is that you are looking for.

I switched over to Knight Transportation out of their El Paso, Tx yard. I'm very impressed with them. With that said, let me remind you that I've been driving for over 35 years, and as a whole this industry has gone down hill, but in today's world Knight still tries to treat a driver right.

I'm working two weeks on and one week off. They do a good job of running me where I like to run, getting me the miles (3,000 -3,500 a week), and then loading me home. They do NOT have forced dispatch.

Again, I'll remind you that each one of their yards has it's own personality formed by it's operation manager and how well you like them will depend on how well you fit into their system, and how well you work with your driver manager. but as a whole I'd say this company still cares about it's drivers.

Hope this helps you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.