Heavy haul trucks underpaid !

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by Mna logistics, Jul 5, 2022.

1. W923

W923 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2022
    I promise you my truck won’t be leaving the yard for rates like that
    As others have suggested skip the brokers
    Talk to construction companies auction company and equipment dealers
    If you come across as confident and actually have some experience to back it up you should be fine
    Make sure to show up when you say you are going to and if you don’t know how to run the equipment ask instead of tearing it up.
    Good luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Sometimes I'll get curious and look at what's posted on the boards. 12' wide, 100k, going to the the port for $5k? That's not much more than my rate to go to that ####hole with a legal load.

shawnhhllc, CAXPT, Ruthless and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Lexuslane

Lexuslane Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2021
    If someone is dumb enough to haul it for that low price ,
    I used to run empty back to where I could get good paying loads even though there were low paying loads going there . Screw them , I wouldn’t haul it just to break even , I’d rather go back empty at a loss than haul cheap freight

5. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    You don’t go anywhere at a loss if the truck is paid back to the yard before it leaves. Lots of times I find my own jeep and booster are the best paying load out of wherever it was anyway.

cke, jamespmack, CAXPT and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Lexuslane

Lexuslane Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2021
    Very true

only folks I know that do heavy haul get $8-10 a loaded mile for the 6 axle stuff and a lot more for the 13 axle stuff or they don’t crank the truck . And they never use brokers . They find the loads direct.

cke, CAXPT, W923 and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I had ink on a contract before I bought my 2+3+2 set. Even then, the way the initial cash outlay and debt service on that purchase ####ed my finances up for a couple of years, a single truck operator would have to be out of their mind to buy something like that with no work for it. Or work it for broker rates.

cke, FerrissWheel, Oxbow and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.