Help! Got Into A Accident On Private Property Need Advice

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Miles007, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Miles007

Miles007 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Got into a accident on private property at loading dock. Guy wasnt sup to b parked there but they still said it was my fault. I hit the back of the trailer. Only damage was done to side of my truck.. Police said theres nothing they can do. Will this go on my driving record? I didnt get a ticket or anything & the guy left the scene. Do u think I'll b fired? I just started working for this company. Never had accident ever. Truck was on my blind spot & he just stopd when I was turning the tracktor.. It sucks because Im always extra safe. Just made a mistake.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    It's a chargeable accident, own up to it. It's really not a big real, but yes it was your fault.

JReding Thanks this.
  4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Yes - it's a mistake, but inevitably it's still your fault regardless of the other vehicle. That's just trucking.

Be honest with your company - they own the rig.

JReding Thanks this.
  5. Jaguars32220

Jaguars32220 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It happens bro I had a tire blow and I lost control got no ticket but at end of day it was avoidable just be honest its part of the buisness

JReding Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Its your fault there's no need to come up with excuses that aren't in your favor.Sounds like a minor accident,you won't get fired but this will go on your record.

JReding Thanks this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Hold up.... the guy 'left the scene?' Could you clarify that a bit more?

Someone was parked on your blind side and you hit his trailer. Is the damage to your truck or to the trailer? Did this guy leave before the police showed? How bad is the damage?

You wont lose your job. Next time tho, I want you to snap pictures...from your POV and the other guy's POV. Close up pics and far away pics. Pics can help you CYA. Perhaps he wasn't parked.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    RedRover, Mudguppy and JReding Thank this.
  8. Miles007

Miles007 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Guy stopd on my blind side as i was backin into dock. When i got back under trailer my tractor hit the back of his trailer. I called the police but the guy took off when he found out I called. Police said its private property theres nothing they can do. Didnt get a ticket but Im just really upset it hap. Tryna figure out wat to do at this point.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  9. Miles007

Miles007 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I let the company kno as soon as it hap

10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    How much damage to the trailer? I think that he hit you.
    @Chinatown, can you help this driver out?

RedRover, QuietStorm and Dumdriver Thank this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If this is minor then I wouldn't worry about it.The truck you hit wasn't worried otherwise he wouldn't have left.He probably didnt wanna waste time filling out accident report calling safety taking pictures all that fun stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.