'Help! I Have Man Boobs and a Belly!'

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Baack, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    http://health.msn.com/mens-health/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100234585&gt1=31060

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dave26027

dave26027 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Good news and bad news: you CAN get rid of man boobs. BUT you will always have man flaps.

123456 Thanks this.
  4. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    Mine aren't really bad yet... you can still tell they used to be pecs. After having some health problems about 10 years ago, I couldn't exercise the way I used to. I stand 6'5" and porked up to 245 pounds before I decided to do something about it. Did I really change anything? All I did was make a few small changes.

1. Instead of one big meal a day, I went to 3 meals a day. Sometimes breakfast is just a protein bar, but whenever possible an egg white and cheese omelet with hashbrowns and a glass of apple juice. Lunch is usually soup and a sandwich. Supper is a salad (watch the dressing) and whatever I feel like, keeping an eye on the portion size. This helped my energy level, but didn't really do much for weight loss.

I now eat 6 times a day, going with the "never hungry, never full" credo, and I am seeing slow but steady weight loss, more so than eating 3 times a day. I fill in the gaps with granola bars or jerky.

2. I used to drive almost my full shift with only one or two stops in a day. Now, I stop and get out of the truck every 3.5 hours or so. Walk around the truck a few times, check the tires, whatever.

3. When I stop at a TS, I park as far away from the building as possible, giving me more distance to walk back and forth.

So far, it's just little things, but I am down to 220lbs now and feel good enough to actually start working out again. Now I'm looking into things I can do to get some medium intensity cardio a few times a week. It's a bit of a problem because I have had 3 knee surgeries and have arthritis in my hips and back.

Oh, and cutting back the sodas and coffee made a difference too. Now it's 1-2 cups of coffee a day, maybe 2 sodas, and lots of water.

5. M8R-1kbf631

M8R-1kbf631 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2011
    medford, wisconsin
    gynecomastia (man boobs) can develop in a matter of months in connection with the dietary intake of processed foods containing unfermented soy protein.

you need to make sure that you eliminate the intake of all unfermented soy protein. (yes the salad dressings are loaded with the stuff too)

this type of soy is rich in phytoestrogens which strongly tend to dissipate the males production of the hormone testosterone, also bad news for prostate health and causes the manifestation of effeminate tendencies more closely associated with the female of the species, if you get my drift.

6. Sotrekker

Sotrekker Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Surprise, Arizona
    HUH:biggrin_2552::biggrin_2552::biggrin_2552:aw heck.....no more salads for me....the dressing was the only bit I Liked!

7. mrtxroady

mrtxroady Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2011
    magnolia,tx
  8. omahanik

omahanik Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've been using the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge and have done really well. I'm down about 33 pounds in 7 weeks. It's easy in the truck because you just put the shake mix in water or milk or juice and shake it up. I eat it 2 meals a day and really don't get hungry. If I do I just east some almonds or other nuts since they're easy to eat in the truck. I can have my wife send out some samples if anyone wants to try it.

9. Pinoy51563

Pinoy51563 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Ewa Beach,Hawaii
    Not really true. Depending on his age and amount of exercise the flaps will go away unless he was really obease. My flaps went away when I lost 70lbs.

dave26027 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.