Help me find my ideal trucking company

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Yk91, Jan 21, 2015.

1. negativecold13

negativecold13 Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Gilmer, Texas
    Find a company and go with it....what you think will work out for you may not and what you think you cant do you might find out that you can, and like it...as far as home time, make the time you have at home quality time, will go a lot farther than being home every day and doing nothing but same old routine every night....learn to shift, its not all that difficult, and like the others said, don't overthink it...when I first started I was over thinking all of it. Was I the right speed for right gear, my rpms are too high, to low...my trainer told me to relax, quit watching the guauge and shift it like my truck...problem solved....I still miss a gear, or overrev a bit, but my confidence is much greater...then I go from fully loaded to empty and takes a few minutes to figure out why gears are sticking....getting a lot of money fast never works out unless your a hooker....getting a steady flow of a decent income is what will get you down the road....

fencitup Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VTSharpshooter

VTSharpshooter Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Vermont
    Fortunately, the world needs lots of bus drivers, too. All automatics, never back up (without a supervisor spotting you), home every night, never worry about being late, and if the bus breaks down you just call dispatch and wait for a new one. Of course, the freight has a mind of its own and can be dangerously unpredictable but usually loads and unloads without assistance. The split shifts can be tough, but for some better than driving for 12 hours straight, and there is always a bathroom instead of a bottle or bucket. Good luck!

4. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    I think Maverick might have some dedicated opportunities in Houston,Texas. They do have automatics. Good luck!

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Ain't worth it. Just tired of the super truckers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.