Hendrickson Trucking, Inc. - Sacramento, Ca.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Aviator, Jan 7, 2007.

1. tambone

tambone Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2010
    my husband was only supposed to be in orientation for 1 day. its been three. he got his truck today. he was supposed to get a load toward home, he could get his truck supplies. he is sitting # the yard in sacramento, he has no way to tell me to contact me. no cell. this comp. doesnt answer their phone. so, it sucks. its not off to a good start with this company. when a truckers wife of 14 years, doesnt know where or what is going on with her husband there is something up. who are these people? so, i have to wait til morning to call co. to see where they have him. im so upset about this. please let me know more info. about this co. thanks. plus he didnt get paid for 3 day orientation. bull.... we have three kids.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. timetravler

timetravler Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2010
    You should of checked them out better b4 going to work there. They don't answer phone calls nor do they return them. They do not care one little bit about the driver their family or any thing out side of their own pocket book. Please say he did not get talked into leasing one of the trucks,you think you are hurting now just wait, the first check will be good and then it'll be down hill from there, with a little hope of a good income every ounce in awhile. If you can find another company to work for now is the time b4 you are to broke to make the move. trust me been there done that.

4. timetravler

timetravler Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2010
  5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    How does anyone make enough driving OTR under the current regs to feed 3 kids? That's a lot of pressure to be under. I tip my hat to anyone who can make that work, but your husband should get into LTL. pays better and the kids can have a dad to grow up with

51.50 Thanks this.
  6. tambone

tambone Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2010

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Well the truck payment sound like my house. 50k turns into 108k because of interest and probably some fee to manage the account and all the other fees they add on .

It's like home mortgages. They say get a 30year fixed and you have lower payments. get a 60mo truck payment? no way 48 is the longest I would do and I would have a down. They love the 0 down, makes them more money with the higher interest, and if you fall they lease it again. I drove for five years otr eating sandwiches everyday so I would not have to spread out payments over 30yrs and pay for the house twice. My mortgage is half what your husbands truck payment is for a 15 year mortgage let alone 30. I would be pissed to, Both married parties should consult before this kind of a credit risk.

8. roadkilled

roadkilled Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Hey Dog! I am glad you did not fall into the trap! I hope more will follow your lead. I hope your able to find a good company.

9. snowbird1

snowbird1 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2010
    winston,oregon
    :biggrin_25524:i am a truckers wife and want to write about how i came upon the message board,,,my husband has been driving for 30 years,,owner op, and company both, i have rode with him 24 of those years,,so pretty much nothing is a surprise,,,,until today, i can no longer ride so i am learning to search the web,,he is having trouble with a company,,hendrickson, sacramento,ca,,just started in march this year,,,and from the comments i have read,it's like they are saying what my husband is thinking,,and sure we got a fair check the first time but we are very worried that we won't get another,,they are right in saying hendrickson does not care and you don't meet the dispatchers or planners in which i find very strange,,maybe they don't want drivers to find them off the property? now i am getting very concerned,,and i warn anyone to stay away from hendrickson, all companys have good and bad,,and i feel these guys are mostly bad:biggrin_25510:

10. StinkPickle

StinkPickle Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2010
    First off I am a trucker by trade till I injured my back. I had the unmistakable pleasure of driving for Hendrickson before I became a dispatcher for them. I drove for about 3-4 months before I was put into the office. I hold an Associates degree and felt that what ever they were doing wrong could be helped by a driver that really knew the road.

This however was not the case. First off Ken is and angry SOB with no direction on where a company should take the next steps forward or what to do if he had the knowledge for trucking. I will give him this though he at one point was a nice guy but as soon as you get on his bad side, you get no miles, no time home, no lay over pay. NOTHING.

Second is Mike, he is not a bad guy but like Ken if you don't do thing his way you are better off not showing up for work. Carmen is the planner for the south and east ( everything south CA, and east of CA.) She is a royal #####.

The company has 3 planners altogether. Carmen, Mike (Sacramento), and it use to be Bill for north and east but now someone else. The rest of the people in the office are there to hold the chairs in place or (Driver Managers). No matter what you are told by the driver manager the Planners have all the say in what loads the driver gets, where they go, or when they get home.

The time off request is just that a piece of paper that you must fill out then it has to be approve by a Planner not your driver manager. The company is now O/O. There is no company drivers what so ever. I used to work as a company driver, then a driver manager, then a planner, then bummed down to driver manager again. I have to say that I made it my goal to talk with ever driver that was in my fleet and do the best I could to make there life a whole lot easier.

I no longer work for this company due to some thing that happened between a driver and my self that I can not disclose due to a sensitive nature but it was a bullying affect done by Ken and Matt (recurring) to get me out of the company.

My standards of treating the driver with respect, honesty and integrity did not meet the requirements of this company. I hope that any one seeking employment with this company just looks the other way.

One final note: do not be fooled in the driver program that they offer you as a potential driver. The contract that they get you to sign has holes through and through, get a copy and take it to a lawyer have them look at is they will tell you.

If you are tricked into signing the contract do not take the .10 cpm maintenance fund. Keep you money in your pocket or in a savings account. You will make money on the interest instead of money in Ward (the owner) pocket. Top that all off with a $50 fee for pulling through the Sacramento Yard safety lane (which is minatory) and they can take money out of your check or just not give you a check cause Candy (payroll) does not feel like it or you are on her SXXX list.

And always remember that the driver is more important than any load. Family comes first. And if you are going to do something do it with all that you have in your heart. BE SAFE.

rachi and Braveheart Thank this.
  11. snowbird1

snowbird1 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2010
    winston,oregon
    :biggrin_25514:thankyou for letting us know about hendrickson and we sure do appreciate your reply, we are looking elsewhere because all you have said is soooo true and worse, we wonder how many lives they have destroyed and why they haven't felt guilty, we have come to the conclusion that it all comes back to bite them in the *ss they will all lose their jobs some day and they will get treated with nnnoooooooo respect, what goes around,,,comes around ten fold!!!!! it always does,, thanks again and you will be better off in the end by leaving them and so will we:biggrin_2559:ps. hendrickson also say they detail their trucks and this is not true one couple have been bitten by bugs from their truck we saw the results, not pretty

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.