Heniff/Superior, Auburn, Maine

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Northern Nomad, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Northern Nomad

Northern Nomad Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    Hi, I’m looking for some information on this specific terminal. I work for a competitor and I am contemplating leaving and joining Heniff.
    What is the culture like at this terminal, before and after the merger?
    How is the equipment and maintenance?
    Enough work year round?
    Pay/benefits?
    Would you recommend joining right now while the kinks of the merger are being ironed out?

I'm not certain that I will be leaving my current job just yet, but I am seeing what’s out there.

Also, I have several years of experience, hazmat liquid bulk, and non hazardous.

Thanks for the information!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    These guys don't run out of Maine but they may be able to answer some of your questions. or know someone that can. @Moose Knuckle @wsyrob

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  5. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The work is fairly steady year round, usually January-Feburary and Maybe Sept/Oct it slows down a bit. When its busy we are banging. The tank wash has all new personnel, so they are still learning things. Office no longer has an office manager. The mechanics are good enough to keep things tip top, dispatch is easy to work with and does a good job keeping you moving. The TM is a good guy.

Pay and benefits have changed so many times over the years I havent kept up. If you run a lot you will make 65k+ easily. Theres enough work that you can do a good mix of local, regional, and OTR.

6. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    I wasn't a employee per say but did spend 3 weeks up there training and had a awesome experience. Overall I really enjoyed my experience up there and everyone was super welcoming to a outsider visiting temporarily. I've seriously considered relocating up there from the time I've been able to spend there if that tells you anything lol. As for post merger questions I can't help there....

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.