Hensen

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by walterk, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Looking for a feedback from drivers working for Hansen in Scarborough - the good, the bad , and the ugly. THX.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. weezer

weezer Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2013

4. weezer

weezer Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2013
    I work there. Company driver. U want to haul new cars?

5. Yes, I am considering it. But, I would like to do some homework on the company before making a serious commitment. They pay " a piece work" according to their website and this is always a very elusive way to pay as it does not compensate an employee in any defined way for loosing time during delays, detentions, layovers and for dealing with other time wasting problems that are beyond the driver's control. And I get it, that it is by the car on your trailer but still.... Also, I would like to ask you about the home time and the lines they run. Does this company have high work ethics and value teamwork between the drivers and management? Good equipment? Do they have any independent operators as inline carriers? Does it make a financial sense to get a truck/trailer for them on a lease contract or you are just as comfortable financially to be a company driver? Thanks a lot for your time.

6. weezer

weezer Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Detention and delays are part of piece work. I'm home every day. They have lots of brokers buy they're paid percentage

7. These ELD's could pose a potential problem for drivers on "piece work". Still...., thanks for your input.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.