Here's some good news for Arrow Drivers

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Opus, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. No one should be surprised that a wealthy man was convicted. The main charge was tax evasion, and the government offers no protection for that! They dropped 21 of the 23 charges against him. If any of those charges were larceny, they were the ones dropped.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    they dropped the other charges on him because he made a plea deal frankly the government should've turn around and rejected a plea offer and through the book at him... And also believe the seven and a half years ago in prison is not nearly enough he should have gotten at 20 years

Jarhed1964 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. harlycharly55

harlycharly55 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Double standards for white collar crimes, I feel they should get life without possibility of parole! They hurt a lot of people with their crimes, but with these small sentences the risk vs reward is why we have so much corruption in politics and business today! When they get caught, they have so much money stashed they can get the best lawyers!

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. DeadArmadillo

DeadArmadillo Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    He'll end up serving 2 1/2 years ( 1/3 of sentence ) in West Virginia ( think Martha Stewart ), or Connecticut. You heard it here first......just sayin'.

TheFriscoKid Thanks this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I cleaned out a warehouse a few years ago and a lawyer was the one there overseeing it. The guy got 4 years for some fraud charges. The banks lawyer told me that the few loads I hauled out were all the bank wound up with for like 13 million bucks, and that people these days figure a few yeas in prison is just a part of doing business when they can come away with millions.

Jarhed1964 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.