Heyl Truck Lines -

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by roadhammer123, Feb 8, 2015.

1. RookieJ1987

RookieJ1987 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Im in the same boat as you brother. I work local too and im thinking about going back OTR. 56 mile commute everyday each way gets old. Instead of Bynum I had Indian River or Heyl in mind.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. southtruck

southtruck Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Flaw dah
    I talked with IRT. They were my original first choice but they were not going to accept three years local driving. Said I needed 2 years OTR experience . So they are off the board. But I hear now the IRT drivers are being grounded because of A dairy shortage. Bynum at first seems a distant third but this year they seemed to have improved and I have heard nothing but good steady freight for Heyl. Yeah my local commute isn't so bad. I just don't need a house in the burbs anymore and need to play catchup on retirement nest egg. And I think OTR can help me do that with a few other ideas while I'm out there with no bills

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    You local guys that are looking at Heyl. Mind sharing what you grossed running local? I've always been OTR. Looks like Comic ran with Heyl all of 2015. Perhaps he could share his gross also. I ran with 2 different dry van outfits in 2015 with no gap and grossed $65k. We Florida guys try to look out for each other being how difficult it is down here.

RookieJ1987 and 123456 Thank this.
  5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Nice to see that Heyl has upped their pay. I was there a few years ago.

6. RookieJ1987

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    No doubt my brother! I'll be more than happy to. I drive local for STAR based in Plant City. Good Folks, we get paid $17.50 an hour no benefits or 401k long commute everyday living in Kissimmee.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  7. RookieJ1987

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    I drove for Bynum for about 2 months. Great people over there. You even get to meet the owner at orientation. I enjoyed my little bit of time with them but i had to get off the road because of a family sickness..

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  8. RookieJ1987

Apr 27, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Florida sure is difficult. This is why im thinkin about going back out on the road man!

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  9. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    i ran for them for about 4 years. left in 14 and i still have a couple of friends who still work there.i had no problems while working there hell would still be there if not getting my job at serta . heyl is a great company never sat much except in logansport was able to do a couple of ga to canada runs ,saw grandview washington alot and had a great travel agent. im glad to see that its pretty much they same

RookieJ1987 and xlsdraw Thank this.
  10. southtruck

southtruck Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Flaw dah
    I grossed 54K last year running local LTL . I prefer not to reveal my employer. Goodbenefits, 401k etc.... It used to be a great company to work for, now its mediocre at best. I like my job and the work and I know there is worse out there. IM not running away from them. I just want to go OTR for personal reasons and my company doesn't offer it.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  11. Shaneoboy21

Shaneoboy21 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2013
    leep doing what you do best driver

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.