Hi from Greece ! & WTG OpenRoadGuy - THANKS

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Plaka, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Plaka

Plaka Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2020
    Athens, Greece
    I've been 'trucking' and 'coaching' for a while now but that's not the point for my first post here.

Since joining this Forum I have avidly read ORG's (OpenRoadGuy) posts, history et al. I'm only up to page 43 as of now.
    But WOW this surely must be the best place to start for any newbie to the trucker life or indeed wishing to obtain their CDL.

Kudos to ORG & chralb

A huge thankyou for providing the information in your post PLUS the replies from experienced Truckers here, they surely DO help !

BTW I'm waiting for this CO##ID CR#P to finish so I can start working in the USA as a Team Driver with my Mrs. [aka Wife]

Take care everyone and keep the sunny side up!
    Stephen.

Farmtractor9900, rachi and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Welcome

Plaka Thanks this.
  4. Plaka

Plaka Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2020
    Athens, Greece
    Thanks rachi I've refrained from posting on the Board specifically to read and learn before doing the usual asking questions that are already answered elsewhere - been there - seen & done that :)

5. Plaka

Plaka Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2020
    Athens, Greece
    For some inexplicable reason I can't get back to reading OpenRoadGuy's thread I keep getting shunted back to page #7 instead of page #43. I cleared all my 'cookies' to no avail.

Never mind I'll continue reading tomorrow it's already quite late here in Athens, Greece 00:57 (GMT +2) local which is early for you USA peeps.

Wishing you all a Wonderful day with no problems !

Keep the Sunny Side Up m8's !

6. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    A couple of tips for you.

1) The thread you are referring to is 10 years old and ORG hasn't been on this forum since then. While the information may have been current, relevant, and up-to-date at the time, I'm sure things have changed since then. Even our forum has had a complete overhaul (format, etc) since then.

2) If you use the "at" symbol immediately before a member's name, the forum software will send the tagged member an alert that they've been mentioned in a thread, and the tagged member will likely show up at some point. It only applies if the member is an active member. Inactive members can still be tagged but they're not likely to get a notification about it.

An example of tagging a member: @Chinatown

Now he will receive a notification that he is mentioned in this thread and will come in here and try to help if he can.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.