Hi.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by feldsforever, Nov 24, 2019.

1. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Hello every one. Thank you for the free information i have read here over the last couple years. I'm looking at very my first truck. Some time between December 2020 and the following spring. Ive been out here Feb will make four years. And I'm currently. Driving for a land star bco. I do like the security of land star. But I believe after I get my rig paid off. I would like to try my hand at having my own numbers. My interest in finally signing up to the fourm is to start asking questions. Here's my first one. I hear a lot about specking my truck.
    I understand the statement. But not sure what a decent spec woyld be for general frieght. I.e. land star and the like.

Thanks in advance. Corn chip

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ironmyke

Ironmyke Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Kansas
    It all depends on a lot of things. Where will you be running ? How heavy will be your gross? Do you care about image and fuel economy? The list goes on.....

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  4. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
    Image is not my thing. Fuel is of course.
    Currently I leave maine. 295,90, 84. 80 to the 76 in Ohio. Then three weeks anywhere from 75. Or 65 or 40 in TN.
    To the Carolinas. Then maybe a pa run then back to Indy to check in with the boss. Then some 294. To the 41. Can't remember the rest any where from MI to WI. So mainly flat land. The boss keeps me out of the flat mountains unless its the big ones on 22 or the 222 in pa.
    Some 95 and 81 in baltimore and va.
    Other then going or coming home when I get my truck. I plan on staying out of pa. Wv and new england. I just don't like the mountains.
    I hope this helps.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  5. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
    I 've decided not to get a truck. I don't have the discipline or business mind set. Every one be good or be good at it.
    Merry Christmas.

D.Tibbitt, dosgatos and Coffey Thank this.
  6. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I would call that a win. It takes a certain personality to be successful as a business owner. Smart to know your strengths.

BackwoodsGA Thanks this.
  7. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
  8. Ironmyke

Ironmyke Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Kansas
    To be honest I was scared to leave my union truck driving job because of the security benefits, but my wife encouraged me to do what I always wanted to but didn’t have the know how. After 3 years in the business by God’s grace am not going back to work for the boss, I’m the boss. Like anything else discipline and business mind will come once once you have a truck. You’ll drive and take care of your equipment like an owner and not as a hired hand.

9. Driver Eight

Driver Eight Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Things change. Your POV toward life changes drastically from age 18-25. Another big change comes 25 to early 30s. When you reach 40? Come on! You have the same name, but you are not even in your old body anymore with a complete personality transplant. I’m just diving in myself after a wasted youth of bad attitude and wrong priorities. Not to say you have had a bad attitude and wrong priorities like I did. You prob have different attitude and priorities. You’ll be different again in a few years, trust. I’m guessing since you’re interested in OO now, you’ll align your life to fit your dream fairly easily when the time comes. Unless you had 3 kids and got married and became a cop or something in the meantime lol.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.