Hiding Income From Ex-Wife

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by jmccade, Jun 26, 2008.

1. full moon

full moon Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2010
    I pay 250.00 a week for 1 child in ohio. Mom is in jail for theft and drugs. I gave temp custody to grandma. Wouldnt you know it child support still hunts me down with a vengence. I cant have custody cause im a trucker. I cant afford a lawyer and take time off to get custody cause im paying 250 a week and live in a truck.Meanwhile grandma on the mothers side has lost her apartment for lack in rent. Now lives with a friend who is behind in rent . Now she is contemplating moving in with her other daughter that lives on welfare. My daughter keeps bouncing from home to home at the age of 5. And im the bad guy cause i pay support to grandma why mom in prison. Child support is a joke. Take the father out of the picture so the state can regulate and jusify there BS

scottied67 and Mommas_money_maker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    My ol man's youngest daughter turned 18 this year. He's been on Social Security for three years because he's an older feller. His ex wife claimed the daughter was going to attend a five year college program and would he please sign this document authorizing her to collect Social Security for the daughter until she's 23. Well, he did. Social Security denied the claim and the ex- ...uh.....wife... turned him in to Child Support Enforcement. His total income each month is less than $1,300. Yet, CSE wants almost $600/month from him despite the fact this daughter is an adult now. And not attending some five year program. She's taking a one year vocational program.

This will be going to court. I can't see how any judge in his or her right mind will make him pay $600/month for a kid who can get a job and help out herself. But I know it's not the daughter....who has been deliberately isolated from her dad since she was five. It's the ex. She lost the child's income when she became an adult and now she wants the ol man to pay her way.

He has been completely honest about his income. She thinks my income should count too. I'm not married to him. I was never married to her. Why should my income be attached for a child I had absolutely nothing to do with, never met and who is 18 years old? :biggrin_25510:

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  4. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I would think that's a fraudulent claim but I'm not the court to decide.

5. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    You have to understand how Family Court thinks.
    First of all, they assume all parties are lying.
    Secondly, they assume the man will be hiding income.
    They will make ridiculous orders to see what comes out of hiding. Ultimately, they know both parties will settle the matter when they run out of money for lawyers.
    Family court is not set up to handle the intricacies of self employment.
    Most judges don't understand anything outside a W-2. So if you gross 250,000 per year, but your before tax net is 60,000, they figure it doesn't hurt to pay support based on that $250,000 so you will be forced to bring supporting documents for your claims.
    Even then, it may not work.
    Family Court only cares about the welfare of the child and that is based almost entirely on money.
    A very pitiful problem for all.

rookietrucker Thanks this.
  6. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with these issues. I divorced the "head" of the San Bernardino County County Child Support Enforcement Division 4 years ago after I discovered some rather unsavory issues going on with her while I was on the road. I have 4 kids (one is now 23 Thank God). For years during the marriage I endured threats of having my CDL taken away, jail if I ever contemplated not paying child support etc. This led her to think that she could do anything, anytime. I took it for the last 5 years and then in a rare moment of sanity I filed for divorce. It took every dime I had at the time, but I got a brilliant female attorney well versed in divorce and child support issues. She was able to craft a settlement fair for all concerned and got the venue moved to Riverside County due to conflict of interest. A lot of people on this board wonder why I continue to work after my retirement from UPS. Well, that's why. We agreed she keep her pension and I keep mine, BUT if I start collecting my IBT pension prior to my last child turning 18, then it counts as income. You better believe, I'm not touching it until that happens. I got 60/40 custody (she gets the 60%). I wanted 50/50, but in today's courts, it's still biased toward the mother. And actually my kids still prefer living at my house, while she tries to "re-capture" her 20's (Good luck with that, doesn't seem to be working well lol). In addition to CS, I pay all school expenses, cell phones, car expenses all voluntarily because I want my kids to know their dad cares. I've seen my ex spend her CS monies on everything BUT the kids, but the courts do not require any accountability. One simple way they could solve the whole issue of CS, is to make it at least partially tax deductible, but there is an entire industry built on taking monies from fathers and that will never happen. Good luck and get a GOOD attorney. Oh and she also got physical custody of the house I owned for 28 years and as a "last blast" at me, deliberately did not make payments for the 12 months before the court ordered it sold. End result, I lost my house and her mommy bought her a new one for cash down the street..Divorce sucks..

rookietrucker, Injun and sammycat Thank this.
  7. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Just be wary of the "college clause" where she can make you pay CS until all of them are over 23.

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Guess I'm livin' right.....7 ex-wives, no kids, no child support, no alimony.

9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:

10. osokusmc

osokusmc Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2011
    SD
    How many shovels have you gone through?

7122894003481 Thanks this.
  11. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    if a kid is receiving ss disability payments based on a parents ss disability, they end when the kid turns 18, with provision for extending until high graduation if they turn 18 before that.

going to college doesnt enter into the equation. i too thought that it would extend if they went to college . but my wife is on ss disability for severe rheumatoid arthritis my two youngest were getting payments based on that. they sent paperwork to extend til my son graduated high school, we didnt send it back to much of a hassle for two payments of 187.00.

which is probably why the deal for a five year college plan til 23 was denied, it isnt a valid claim.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.