high blood pressure

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by mack pinnacle, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    every time I go to the doctor I check mine and then ask the nurse to check it. I have a new doc and her nurse is really close every time. the old one was way different.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skurvydog58

skurvydog58 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    you may want to take fish oil capsule's,1400mg & vitamin b12. also a daily low dose aspirin,84mg.my personal doctor just took me off of hct(hydrochlorothorzide).between my & the company doctor my bp dropped from 143/94 to 122/82.still have a way's to go. watch your diet,cut out cold cut's & junk food.

4. Silvermitts

Silvermitts Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Ga
    Some real good info in here , thanx to all that posted.

Also to help with BP issues ( read this on a womens' health site while searching for ways to drop mine a little ) -

cantalopes , sweet potatoes & orange juice . what caught my eye was it said that potastium helped lower BP , always thought it was mainly for bones n teeth.
    a 30 minute power walk everyday .
    sitting back ( eyes closed ) relaxing and taking REAL deep breaths
    ( make your tummy pop out - deep ) for 5 minutes at night.

Also - check the ingredients on pre -packaged food , my eyes popped out
    when I saw how much salt was added to the things I was eating .

Good luck and good eating !

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  5. tuneman55

tuneman55 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Lowell,MA

I agree good suggestions

6. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    That made me freak too :biggrin_25516:

7. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Couple of tips to prepare you for your physical.

Walk or jog just as much as you can the week before your physical. Walking does wonders for knocking your BP down.

Quit salt and sugar a few days before taking your physical. Dont eat or drink anything after 7pm the night before your physical. Eat light, have a salad or just some fruit for dinner. If you must drink, take small sips of water. It is imperative you don't have any soda pop the day of your physical.

Take your blood pressure meds at least 2 hours before your appt time. If you can, make sure you have a bowel movement before your physical, empty your bladder as well. This helps quite a bit LOL.

Relax, and go to your happy place. Take nice deep breaths as they are pumping up the cuff. Just relax...

8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    take an Aspirin that will lower your BP for the exam

9. Silvermitts

Silvermitts Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Ga
    A short update -
    I checked my BP at the machine that's in in Wal-Mart today . If it's any kind of accurate call me Smiling Jack !
    2 1/2 months ago the Dr. said mine was " a little high " , the numbers today were in the middle of the normal range .

I have quit using salt , am getting ( a little ) more exercise , eating " low sodium " stuff & more fruit , taking 1 aspirin a day and doing the deep breathing exercise at night .

I'm going to swing by the Dr's office early next week just to double check in case the W.Mart machine is off ,
    but truth is even if my BP is still the same by her watch , I do feel physically better all around with just the small changes I've made to my life style .

:yes2557: :yes2557: :yes2557:

10. polorbare56

polorbare56 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2012
    Spring Hill,Fl
    My doctor told me the type of cuff will matter. Ask them to use a large size cuff if you have large upper arms. Small or standard cuff will compress the blood vessals to much and cause a false reading.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.