High Desert Services - Cheyenne WY (Oilfield)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Hanzerik, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hanzerik

Hanzerik Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Problem was the fuel filters. They changed my air filter while they were at it. Hauled a load of fresh water into location to use with the heating truck to clean some frac tanks. Tomorrow morning first thing I need to take the load of stuff I sucked out of the tanks we cleaned down to Colorado. Then head back up to clean some more tanks. Was a hot one today, need to bring another gallon of drinking water with me tomorrow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    you need a flat piece of board to bridge the gap between seats, that's how the linehaul drivers do it.:yes2557:

4. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    have you had the joy of getting stuck in the mud yet?...lol i did last week wallowing around in the mud to hook up a tow rope was not much fun. a couple other guys got stuck in the same spot thouhg so i didnt feel too bad about it.

5. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    No not yet. Luckily the mud hasn't been all that bad...we don't have chains for all the trucks yet. Not that the mud isn't deep in some spots, it gets kind of slick and squirrelly. I try to keep my drives in or on high dryer ground when backing up to tanks...I'd rather Daisy chain hoses together then get stuck in the soup. The worst spots are usually right up near the tanks.

Glad I get paid by the hour and not miles LOL ...I've been sitting here helping clean Frac tanks all day. Think I've moved about 200 feet from dirty tank to dirty tank.

1catfish Thanks this.
  6. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    A couple pics from a little while back. Not much going on lately other then doing a lot of flowback hauling down to the disposals. The locations we filled up with freshwater have been Frac'd and now the flowback is coming up and needs to be removed from the tanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1catfish Thanks this.
  7. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Back to hauling fresh water filling up frac tanks for the last week. Location is going to be re-frac'd so we're filling the tanks back up. At least this location is located in a nice easy spot to get into, and the roads are in good shape. Maybe it's just that it hasn't rained much lately LOL. Just a little crowded with a work-over rig setup in the middle of it. Have a couple days off...yay.

Filling up at a water well in the middle of nowhere
    [​IMG]

Unloading into a tank
    [​IMG]

1catfish Thanks this.
  8. EnglishMark

EnglishMark Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2011
    orlando, Fl
    down here in florida they are advertising for driver in ND"s oil fields, $18 with hazmat hauling chem, you get your own room and 3 paid meals a day, or you can haul water for $23 an hour but they put you in a trailer with 5 other guys n you cook your own meals, was thinking bout maybe giving it a look ..

9. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    ND does pay better, but the housing situation was the deal breaker for me. Plus having to drive 500 miles to get back home for off-time. With this job I get to sleep in my own bed every night :biggrin_25519:

Jynxx Thanks this.
  10. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Have been slacking on keeping this updated.
    Been busy the last week or so cleaning Frac tanks. Maybe 4 miles total driven on location LOL.

11. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    are you having to pull any nightshift?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.