High Desert Services - Cheyenne WY (Oilfield)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Hanzerik, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hanzerik

Hanzerik Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    No, not when cleaning tanks.
    I haven't worked nights other then getting home at the end of the day after dark.

1catfish Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Patt52

Patt52 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2011
    N. Texas
    What is involved in cleaning the Frac tanks? Is your area slowing or taking a breather?

4. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Dont know. The only time I worked "nights" was during a coiled tubing operation. The flowback was filling the flowback tank really fast and we had two tankers pulling and pumping it into Frac tanks...for over 26 hours straight. We had to have a 5 gallon bucket of oil for our masport pumps brought out because we were running our pumps almost nonstop the whole time.

We did have some guys come out from Rock Springs to run the trucks for a couple nights, while we ran them during the day, when we had to fill tanks for a Frac that pushed up.

5. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Been hauling Frac tanks up to a couple locations between Cheyenne and Douglas the last few days. Today we hauled three tankers out here to our home office in Rock Springs to fill a Frac. Got here and dropped the tankers and hooked up to Frac tanks and took them to a location about 50 miles south. Once we get all the tanks placed we will start filling them. Company put us up at a hotel for our stay. Probably be here for a few days.

1catfish Thanks this.
  6. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    A few pics from my trip out to Rock Springs for a few days.

Backed up to a tank offloading water
    [​IMG]

The road in.
    [​IMG]

Filling up at a spring...you can see the tankers stacked up in the background waiting to load. Never filled from a spring. This one you had to either turn your pump to suck, use a water pump, or both.
    [​IMG]

Some wild horses roaming around
    [​IMG]

Big John and 1catfish Thank this.
  7. The Fiddle

The Fiddle Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2011
    NWA
    Yeah there is definitely a lot of drilling going on around here still.

So is this outfit a pretty good place in your experience so far?

8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    those are some great pictures, your livin my dream. keep the pictures comin.

9. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    "The Fiddle",
    Yes, so far they have done me right and try to get us decent hours.

10. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Oopps, note to self...just because you can get onto location, and get loaded, and pull out of location with just triple rail chains on your drives, does not mean you can make it back to pavement without getting stuck. Had to have another tanker empty me before getting me out. Have chained up my steers and added a drag chain when it gets slick since. This was the second time I have ever chained up, the first was the day before when we made it in and out with just drives chained.
    [​IMG]

1catfish Thanks this.
  11. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    about some current pictures of your work place now that it's gotten colder.thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.