High Desert Services - Cheyenne WY (Oilfield)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Hanzerik, Jun 23, 2011.

1. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    how about a winter update with pic's!:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    hey,hanzerik where did you go?

4. Hanzerik

Hanzerik Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I'm still around. Was working out in Rock Springs, but have been home since the 16th of November. Now I'm busy hauling propane out to our Frac heaters in Wyoming and Colorado. Plus I ran one of the Frac heaters for a couple days, easy work, but some very long days and nights...sometimes a day or so before you get to sleep. No driving, just watching temp gauges and propane pressure and usage, and checking the temp of the water being used during the Frac. Frac jobs get you lots of hours.

I'm currently refilling our propane truck after running a load down to a location across the border in Colorado. Then going home to get some sleep before I make a run up to a location near Torrington Wyoming.

5. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    good deal, i thought you fell off the map.never a dull moment eh? i'm sure you broke out your long john's by now,lol.....is there still a chance of getting stuck when the ground is frozen hard with no mudd? stay safe..

6. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    So far the dirt has been hard, and locations solid, and whatever water is around freezes pretty fast. Today was a nice day, no wind, warm in the high 20's, but for the last few days it was bitterly cold. Down into the negative teens, and some very cold wind-chills.

At this point it looks like the Frac up around Torrington is having some issues pushing water from the well source to the working tanks, so the heaters have not burned any propane yet. So I was able to get a nice nap in. The last one up in Chugwater used water pumps to pump water from a water well into a bank of a few frac tanks where it was heated, then it was pushed about a mile away to the main location to fill the working tanks, where it was heated again up to the temp Halliburton required for the frac. Haven't been to this new location yet, but from the phone call I got from our guys up there, I'm guessing it's set up similarly.

1catfish Thanks this.
  7. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry, been slow to update the thread. Currently working up here for EnCana in the Jonah Field helping out the IBEX guys hauling water for a couple frac jobs. Staying at the mancamp, which is pretty nice: free room and board, free food, tv, WiFi, etc, etc. Not a bad gig, especially if you're single. You could live up here for free making some bank. But I'd rather be back over in Cheyenne with my family. Hopefully I'm home for Christmas. Sorry, rules say no pictures. But there a little snow on the ground, but roads are dry...frozen LOL. Haven't seen much in the daylight, I got here Friday night and have been working nights 6-6.

1catfish Thanks this.
  8. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    sounds good, stay safe.

9. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    I had Christmas off, but started back up on the 26th with a heating job down near Denver for ConocoPhillips, and then a heating job for Chesapeake down around Pierce CO, and then back up to EnCana for the New Years for about a week to haul water. Then worked a Frac heating job for Devon up in Wright WY for a few days. And now working another Frac heating job down in Pierce CO.

Had an Interview yesterday morning, before heading down to CO for the frac, with the regional manager of Gemini Transport (Love's Fuel Hauling). Got a call a couple hours ago from him saying I'm in. Called my bosses here and in Rock Springs and gave my two weeks.

Thanks a bunch to Jynxx, who put a good word in for me.

1catfish Thanks this.
  10. 1catfish

Jul 18, 2010
    it's your life but i wouldn't switch to that company,good luck.

11. Hanzerik

Mar 30, 2011
    Well, I start my training this Friday since they didn't need me anymore, so this thread can slide back into the depths of the forum.

From what I have read, and people I have talked to, Gemini should be an improvement to what I was doing. Nothing wrong with HDS or Oilfield work, but sometimes you have to look out for number one and your family. The work will be cleaner, steadier (predictable), and I will be able to have a family and social life again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.