High heat anti seize

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Dino soar, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I was wondering if you guys use high heat anti seize for exhaust manifold bolts.

If you do use it, do you use the nickel anti seize, or the non-metal anti-seize?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnC123

JohnC123 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Well... that is a good question that I do not know the answer to as in many things in life. I've used the silver (nickel) and the copper (well...copper) for no other reason than that's what was available to me and has served me well over the years. Now days I see a white (lithium?) thread lube like on DPF type sensors which invariably doesn't seem to make a bit of difference when tying to remove them with the proper line wrench and a quick bump, after a good penetrate "soak". NOTHING works as good as an aircraft rivet gun ($$$-trigger control) with various designed bucking bars to "tap" each flat around anything I couldn't get broke free, has never let me down or damaged something to the point where I couldn't re-use it if necessary....otherwise I don't know if "high temp" anti-seize is available or even exist, sorry but good question.​

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I think they work about the same. When applied to exhaust parts, both seem to come apart relatively well.

SAR, Oxbow and Dino soar Thank this.
  5. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    You plan on taking your manifold off again for some reason within a year? After that forget about it. The anti seize isn’t gonna help you 5 years from now

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    What are you talking about? Did someone on ch 19 tell you that?

Snailexpress, swaan, SAR and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Dont use channel 19. Local hauler / owner operator. No need for insults man. I see you around on the forums alot and i like your postings. ITs ok to disagree with personal experience. I used to alot of engine work on gassers. When heat and rust acumlate through the years on mainfolds. #### gets brutal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.