High Plain Tire and Diesel Repair, Amarillo, Texas

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Night Train Logistics, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Night Train Logistics

Night Train Logistics Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Fort Payne, AL
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]These people are crooks,,,Completely UN Professional ..[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif] They will make up excuses so the can charge you 3 times what a honest shop will..[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif].And if you dispute the bill they will simply lock your truck up in there shop until you give in and pay..[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif].Including your trailer..

they tell you to drop in there secured lot .. your load and truck will be impounded until you pay...Our cost was 3 times what a petro or simpler shop will charge.

.for any given repair...this shop almost cost me my job.

.NEVER LET ANY ONE TOUCH YOUR TRUCK WITHOUT SOMETHING IN WRITING ABOUT HOW MUCH IT IS GOING TO COST>>IF THEY SAY THEY CAN,T... GO SOME WHERE ELSE AS FAST AS YOU CAN.. Go to the dealership you will be better off and will not be embarrassed in front of your company because you got ripped a new one.......
    [/FONT]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    Really? You signed a work order authorizing repairs without a written estimate? You do realize that any repairs to a vehicle (commercial or personal) can be refused of payment..even if you authorized repairs.

Simply refuse payment at the cashier, call the police, it becomes a court issue. The shop can't legally hold your vehicle or property. The shop will have to goto court and request payment, and the police will ensure you get your vehicle back.

Its a civil matter, not a criminal matter.. You have the right to dispute charges.

(I was a parts and services director at a Ford dealer in a better life, and know what I say is true from personal experiences)

4. Night Train Logistics

Night Train Logistics Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Fort Payne, AL
    I never signed a work order...I went to the window and they said some will be with you soon, So I waited..

Well an hour later a guy comes to the waiting room with the bill

..I said omg that much for a axle seal my owner is going to crap himself.

..He said well thats how much it is or we will lock up your truck....$408.00 to fix a axle seal..

.all thet was replace the seal and clean the brake..

thanks for your response... what a night mare... I looked like an Idiot in front of my company .

.Sick to my stomach like I just got kicked in the nuts...

5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I would look to see if you could file auto theft charges on him.

6. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

where is the rest of the story?

bikertrash61 Thanks this.
  7. bikertrash61

bikertrash61 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Shouldn't you have called your company for authorization for the repairs first? That's how 99% of the companies do it. Just curious.

8. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    Well, just for future reference.. A shop is required to obtain authorization for diag and repair.. Without a signature (even if its verbal over the phone) the shop hasn't perfected their lien..

They will threaten to keep your vehicle but can't..they have to go through the process of proving to the state that they have a legitimate claim and are entitled to a lien..in the mean time, the police will inform the shop that until the lien is in place, they can't keep your vehicle..

Anyway, it only happened at my shop once.. From that point forward, the repair order specifically authorized diag or repair up to a certain dollar amount with a signature..anything above that required another estimate and signature..

9. blanco

blanco Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Gwinnett County, GA
    Please post your experience at google maps. You can search any shop or business and leave reviews. I would try to post facts and leave it at that.

I read a review for a shop in tx that would not even quote a tire mount dismount, could be that they are not trustworthy. Every shop t/a petro has a price list for small repairs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.