High Speed Chase In Jessup,Georgia

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Nov 7, 2019.

1. War-Eagle

War-Eagle Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Fort Worth, Texas
    In my opinion, this shouldn't even be a blip of the driver's record. The truck was sitting still, and was hit by thugs fleeing the police. If anything, they ought to give the driver a reward for stopping the pursuit, albeit just by being there. LOL!!

The reality is, the driver will have an accident on record which just sucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    The truck driver doesn't even get out. He needed a 30 according to his ELD so he popped the brakes right in the middle of the road. He isn't about to get out, he's on break. :D

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  4. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Legend has it. He was still in the saddle when the wrecker tower him away. (Looks like the right side steer broke. Left wheel is in the wrong spot so the axle is probably gone.)

5. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    They'll do their investigation and decide it was an ELD malfunction that let him start 5 minutes early thereby allowing him to be there to be involved,,...we all know how that works if you're not there you're not involved which equals preventable and drivers fault...all sarcasm aside I hope nothing came of it for the driver other than what had happened.

86scotty Thanks this.
  6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

He forgot the most important part:
    Jump out and claim a back injury!

He needs concussion protocol.
    He might have that thing the NFL players have (trophy wives?) no, that injury they can't diagnose until they put your brain in a deli slicer.

On a less sarcastic note, was anyone else worried for him as he was "downrange" of all the approaching officers? If the suspects decided to "go for glory" he might have been hit by stray fire. One of my coworkers in my Taxi days was held hostage in a police stand off situation. It was very unnerving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.