Highest paying LTL trucking company

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KullenTrucking, Jul 29, 2019.

1. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

For that kinda money I would too lol

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skorge

Skorge Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    Where did you end up going to?

LtlAnonymous and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    im going back to studio transportation, the work is less brutal the pay is better and i only have to drive 3 axle 24 footer.. if it goes on a pallet im not doing it anymore LTL to me is outrageous

LtlAnonymous, Skorge and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Retired UPS driver here and the 8 hour day is a myth most have dreamed of lol. We had to get language in our contract to limit forced OT to 9.5 hours dispatch 2 days a week or else they have to pay double time. Unfortunately they a lot of the time will end up paying double time.

6. GhentSaintPeters

GhentSaintPeters Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Ok, you guys are talking life changing money here. Holy ####. $2,000 - $2,500 per week?

This team thing in Chicago, you said they were each getting $3,000 gross per week - what does that consist of? Like normal OTR team the truck moves about 22 hours per day one sleeps on the bunk while the other drives? Any loading or unloading by hand involved? Or just drop and hooks?

I'm thinking LTL might be the way to go after I get my 1 year experience in OTR (only 7.5 months experience or 6.5 months solo experience). But you said that Chicago one didn't even require a years experience. $3,000 gross per week? #### that's insane!

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  7. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    they could pay me 5000 a week take home for team driving and i wont do it its horrible

8. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I was thinking the same thing. It's a lifestyle thing I think. I can't say it's horrible from experience but I can get on my own nerves in a truck for 12 hours a day so I can't imagine what would happen living in one with another dude. I think you gotta be really wanting a job like that to last at it.

9. GhentSaintPeters

GhentSaintPeters Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2019
    I agree it's horrible but $3,000 a week - $150,000 a year? For a guy like me, who just wants to go retire in the countryside with a small house or retire in Eastern Europe or Latin America - $100,000 net per year would get me there in a decade. ####.

But I do remember one month training. That was hard living in a truck with somebody, and my trainer was a top class guy.

I'de probably be better doing LTL solo driving. You guys mentioned night line hauling, where drivers just drop and hook at terminals and don't touch or unload freight make about $2,000 - $2,500 per week, right? How many years of experience do these companies usually require and are most trucks automatics or manuals? I have my CDL in a manual but would prefer not to drive one.

LtlAnonymous and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I'm at just under 2k a week and there are a LOT of guys making more than me. We have all manuals but I think most companies are switching over to autos. As far as years in needed it depends on the company. Where I'm at now I was able to go nights after a month because nobody else wanted to. I think most places will hire you with the 1-2 experience.

11. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Parcel requires 2 years experience. They hire people off the streets at certain locations.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.