Highest paying LTL trucking company

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KullenTrucking, Jul 29, 2019.

1. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

5k week. I'd say I'd try tuff it long as I can. I'd do it a year and just quit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metal cowboy

Metal cowboy Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    How does the hourly pay and cpm work at ups? Like what tasks are completed at hourly rate?
    I see Chicago is starting team at $30hr, Is that just an 11 every day??? Is overtime over 8 hours? At 30hr working 55 hours a week its still only $1,875 per week 15hr at $45, 40hr at $30. How are y'all hitting $2000+?

Is $2,000+ top pay?

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  4. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Some of these sleeper team drivers make $180k a year. That I've seen. I've heard of some of these guys making $200k a year. But I've never seen it for myself.

To make that coin though, you're not gonna have a life. Those runs you have 34 hours off a week. Working 6 days a week. To me it's a bit much, but some of these money hungry old timers love it.

But you can make some good coin on solo runs as well. $150 a year is possible. You just have to have a lot of seniority to get a run like that.

But with this major expansion going on right now, it's possible to get right into a very good team run right from hire. So this is a special time with great opportunities.
    Mostly due to competition. UPS puts LOTS of loads on the rail. They are limiting loads going on rails drastically. Loads on trains take longer to get to their destination. They want to run almost everything on ground and ensure Amazon and/or FedEx do not take the 1# spot for having the fastest lanes out of the parcel companies, which UPS is currently the fastest.

5. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Go back and read the first few pages of this thread. The chances of walking into a job like that is extremely remote. You can get there eventually, but not on day one...or year one...

6. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
    You get paid my the mile. When you arrive at your destination or do work like fuel, or delayed by a breakdown, you get paid by the hour. If you are in gridlock traffic, you are in the clock by hour. Which is $30 an hour start.

In Chicago there is a chance you might have to do solo on a call basis until you get on a team run. This is why they pay $30 an hour to start.
    Any solo run under 500 miles is paid by hour. Anything over is paid by mile. Starting g mileage rate is 59 cents a mile for single trailer. 61 cents for doubles. For sleeper teams it is an extra 2 cents a mile with another 7 cents per diem. So starting mileage pay for double trailers is around 70 cents a mile.

LtlAnonymous and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    the only person you can team drive with is probably a girl friend or wife...me and my friend drove teams and we run 2 shifts. Day Shift was 11hr of driving non stop then night shift was 8hrs only then truck stop to shower and stuff, cause we liked to be clean but it was little things that would piss me off like how he could only sleep with the curtains open lol and he would always use my #### blankets but now that i look back on it , i laugh cause were getting our experience and making 1200 a week take home pulling amazon trailers , Had a brand new cascadia Automatic TRI PAC mini fridge and microwave.

8. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
    And it
    I disagree. I run teams from time to time and you gotta get a partner that is on the same page as you. You need to be able to tell them what bothers you and they need to fix it...as long as it is reasonable. If they won't...you need to find another team partner. It boils down to respect.

LtlAnonymous, Jay5GS and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    true dat

10. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
  11. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015

My numbers on starting rates were a little off. But the top numbers are starting pay and progression. Bottom is top rate after raises for given year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.