Highest paying LTL trucking company

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KullenTrucking, Jul 29, 2019.

1. plynnjr92

plynnjr92 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    Yes you can. Just not in LA, the OC or SD.

Last year my wife and I bought a brand new 3000sq ft 5 bedroom house in south Perris for $610k. 15% down, 4.99% fixed rate. Neighborhood is nice and we have just enough Karens and HOA oversight to keep it that way without being overbearing.

I pay the mortgage, utilities and car loans, wife works full time for now paying groceries, tv/internet, vacation and savings funds. My sister in law lives with us as babysitter for our daughter, so naturally we pay her too.

Homeownership in SoCal isn't impossible. The Bay Area though is a different can of worms

dwells40 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Man if I could I'd like to see what the home looks like. What's the mortgage? Property taxes? I also hate Cali for no guns

dwells40 Thanks this.
  4. plynnjr92

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    Go to Richmond American's website and look for "Seasons at Green Valley Ranch". It's slowly growing into a planned community. Pulte, DR Horton and Century Communities are also building in the area. For property taxes, they're basically ~2% for any home built 2004-5 or later, it's not cheap. And solar is mandatory for new builds. I'm leasing my solar for $104/mo, but I also haven't had an electric bill in 4 months so I call it a win.

As far as guns go, I don't have one and shouldn't be trusted with one. But you can own guns here, the biggest thing being you have to pass a safety course and there's a 10-day waiting period after purchase. There's no open carry, getting a ccw permit is hit or miss though, and I know there's a list of guns that can't be purchased in the state somewhere. But I know plenty of gun owners here.

alds and brtecson Thank this.
  5. NvySwmr626

NvySwmr626 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2023
    New Old Dominion Linehaul out of Oxnard, CA.

$33.10 hourly
    .778 cpm

All of our runs within the SoCal network are paid hourly. The cpm kicks in for runs of 400 miles or more, I believe.

Only 2 linehaul drivers at this terminal. One bid, one “wild”, but runs the same every night. The only wild thing about my run is that I typically have one trailer at Rialto, so sometimes they’ll have me haul and drop a relay trailer at Irwindale on the way back. I’m told that I may, occasionally, cover Santa Maria, CA, but it hasn’t happened yet.

plynnjr92 and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You can have guns there, just not the ones you and I like.

Cardfan89 and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. plynnjr92

Jul 9, 2014
    Inland Empire, CA
    Yeah those SoCal network runs are what Rialto guys call "shuttle" runs. Pays hourly, and it's erratic. Rialto to Irwindale, back to Rialto then maybe to LA or Long Beach, etc. And you're not guaranteed a certain amount of hours so you're just as likely to see a 12hr day as you are 4hrs. Lately I bet it's been the latter.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  8. NvySwmr626

Mar 17, 2023
    I’m usually in the 10-12 range with a few 14’s sprinkled here and there. Typically Oxnard to Rialto and back, then Oxnard to Irwindale and back.
    I could see it being chaotic running that out of RTO. For me out of Oxnard, it’s been fine.

9. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I see Old Dominion mentioned a lot but, here in Indy all they do is hire and lay off apparently from what I’ve heard. Hard to be the best when you’re starving to death your first few years.

10. NvySwmr626

Mar 17, 2023
    I could definitely see that being the case at larger terminals. Plynnjr probably knows more, but apparently, at the larger terminals around here, they hired a ton of dock workers into combo driving positions during the COVID and following freight madness. Now there’s not nearly as much, so most are back on majority dock hours. It would be rough to be hired right into a wild position, and then start losing hours immediately.
    The smaller terminals are hanging onto drivers the best they can. There’s not a ton of eligible drivers who live around Ventura County, so our manager gets creative to make sure the P&D guys, and linehaul guys stay busy.

plynnjr92 and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    They're doing outrageous loan terms in California, I've heard anecdotally. Like 60-year loans.

One day your kid can pay it off just in time to leave it to your grandkid. Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted