Hikehitching

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by camionneur, Feb 28, 2019.

1. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Quebec hitchhiker hanging on back of truck left with hypothermia and possible $1,000 fine . . .

Brettj3876 and tucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    If that person actually thought no one would call the trucking company, or cops about him, hes mistaken . Most everyone has a cell phone on them and can't wait to call or tattle on someone. As far as the 1000 dollar fine..well lets see, riding on the back of a semi trailer, freezing , oh i am sure he has the $ to pay that fine .

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    It's Canada...
    Somehow this person riding on the back will be found to be the victim, will be put in a holiday inn and fed 3 meals a day. Probably even give them some spending money. All courtesy of the working man, the one driving this truck for example.

5. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Yea that's about how America has turned out to be

stillwurkin and Grumppy Thank this.
  6. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    Can't figure out what's stupider, the guy jumping on the back of a truck that's driving in freezing weather or the authorities that figure this guy might have an extra thousand dollars in his pocket?

7. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Another hitchhiker from Quebec was beaten to death with a baseball bat, and his killer was recently paroled. So I guess these hapless hitchhikers have to take a chance at cheating death either way.

Then there's the twisted tale of a Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker from Canada, who maybe should have quit while he was ahead... coincidentally, I'd wondered about this a long time ago: what if a crazy driver picked up a crazy hitcher? Something like that (or I thought familiarity bred contempt).

The devil's in the details. "In 2009 the feds went public with a program called the Highway Serial Killings Initiative in response to a rising number of dead bodies found along the interstates. Some of these were women left in dumpsters. Narrowing the field to those last seen around truck stops and rest areas, the bureau counted over 500 bodies, almost all women. Of the 200 people on a suspect list, almost all of them were long-haul truckers."

Go figure. "When Tremblay stopped to check things out, he found the hitchhiker, covered in snow and frozen". "The hitchhiker, a 38-year-old man from Alma, declined Tremblay's invitation to get into the cab" . . .

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Reason for edit: Rest in peace, anyway (sorry everyone ruined it and I couldn't help either).
  8. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Yeah what are you on about? You must be ill.
    The driver will get fined and punished for not letting the hitchhiker in his truck, and the hitchhiker will get his job and paycheck.

This is Canada after all.

Lol...

AModelCat and gokiddogo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.