Hiring Freezes FTL

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by IROCUBabe, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    We've applied so many places its nuts. We are going to starve before Jan 1st lol.

Letsee:

We applied to all the major guys, a bunch of the local gigs, and now we are set up with a temp agency in hopes of getting something. I might have to go back to stripping! :biggrin_2554:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    :biggrin_2551::biggrin_255:
    Great, now I gotta clean the coffee off my screen......

cpassey and Inferno_AZ Thank this.
  4. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    LOL =D Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta due. Mortgage is already late this month though, we barely paid the water and electric. Thankfully the net is paid by the inlaws.

You'd think in Dallas TX there would be SOMETHING needing to be driven somewhere sheesh!

5. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    Yeah, that's what I said last time I was there and got the joy of spending 4 days at the Flying Hook....
    I know what you mean about how lean times are though, and the "slow season" is just starting. I went from 3000 miles a week to praying for 15-1800 now....:biggrin_25512:

6. Wen782

Wen782 Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding something! I just had a flatbed carrier deadhead out of Texas to Memphis for me just so he could cover some of his loss getting out of TX! I guess that right now, Texas is the new Florida. Stuff goes in and not much comes out. :)

Good luck finding a job and hey, if ya gotta strip to get paid, then at least you have that to fall back on and don't have to fall onto your back to do it. LOL

7. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    What we need is a new driver freeze, no more new cdls till things pick up! :biggrin_25525:

8. Sabine in Mo

Sabine in Mo Medium Load Member

May 11, 2006
    Fredericktown, MO
    I don't know if you have heard of the people we work for, Earl L. Henderson out of Salem, IL. Mind you, not the best I have worked for, but the miles are steady, and they will love you if you like to run. They have been doing a lot of Con-Way freight, time sensitive, gotta be there stuff. They let you have pets with a deposit, they have APU's, let you put in an inverter, costs you $25 bucks to install it, and they pay ok. We make $0.45 split, don't know what single drivers make.

They are not huge, like 350+ trucks, and have their issues, but despite all the talk of not enough miles we are plenty busy. They let you take pretty liberal advances, which helps in the beginning.

Good luck on your job search.

Baack Thanks this.
  9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i had alotof trouble getting out of dallas when at USA. is FFE/eagle/lisa not hiring?

10. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    I thought yous were looking into McLane Distributing at one time,....anything ever come of that???

11. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Never got a call back, still with Interstate as the main OTR company hubby though wants to try local, he's got two local gigs he's trying to get on. One with Schneider and one with some mail company. Right now he's got on with SELECTTRUCKERS for temp assignments till he can get something perm. At least we hope he has cause we have a 2 month late mortgage and they ain't amused.

chickenlittle Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.