Hiring prospects: Accident

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Gabby, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Gabby

Gabby Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Clearwater
    I'm about to sign up with a driving school but am worried I may be wasting my money and time because of my driving record. I never really gave it much thought but now it strikes me that I might have a hard time getting hired with the following over the last five years:

1. Accident February 2007 (no ticket). I just reported it to my insurance company and they paid out to repair my car and the car I backed into. # $2500.00 damage between the two vehicles. This is not on my driving record but, of course, is on file with my insurance company.

2. 1/2006 Failure to obey traffic sign. For the life of me I don't even remember this ticket but yet there it is on my records.

Anybody know how hard it might be to get hired?

Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ohnoo

Ohnoo Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    CA
    With just those two you shouldnt have to hard of a time.

4. Ken Worth

Ken Worth Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great Plains
    I think you worry too much. I don't think they have access to your insurance co's records. If it's not on your mvr, forget it. That other ticket...I forgot to brush my teeth once. One of you experts in the field of hiring correct me if I'm wrong.

5. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    It would depend on the company and the insurance company, but parking lot accidents and low speed maneuvers aren't usually going to bother, the failure to obey could be but probably not. No speeding or careless-reckless, you should be OK.

6. Gabby

Gabby Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Clearwater
    Thanks all for answering. This makes me feel a bit better. I usually don't worry too much but when I'm about to quit a job and pay some good money to go to CDL school....well I start to worry if I'm making the right decision.

If I was to go through all that and not be employable due to the accident or ticket - that would suck.

7. Snowman&Fred

Snowman&Fred Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    One thing that was helpful, was my recruiter worked with me on my driving history. Showed me in their GOM where it said 'i was okay'. He even emailed me a copy of my DMV record that was sent to him because there was a suspension of my license that i did not remember. After thinking about it, I did remember it. But i was able to have 3 suspensions in 3 years (i only have 2) but they were 2 and 3 years ago, i've kept my nose clean for the past 2 yrs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.