History of Sapp Bros. Truck Stop Clearfield, Pa.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by navypoppop, Jun 22, 2017.

1. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    OK all of you "old timers" out there, I have a question that I can not remember the answer to. I wanted to know if anyone out there remembers the history of the Sapp Bros. Truck Stop in Clearfield, Pa.? I am trying to remember as much information on some of the places I have been to in my 45 years of driving before retiring in 2011. I think that it was a Truckstops Of America way back when or maybe even a Union 76. I am just trying seeking information because the older I get the memories fade pretty quickly. Thanks to all of you and please be safe and secure out there. I really miss the road and fellow drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I vaguely remember that particular Sapp bros. It's a little odd with that location since they are around Colorado other than a location they built in Tn. near Dyersburg many moons ago and since abandoned.

4. navypoppop

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Opus, I have already reached out to Sapp Bros. Corporate office and one of the Sapp Bros. replied to me that he did not remember but he thought it was not a Truckstops of America truck stop. I'm still trying to find out if it could have been one of the old Union 76 stops. Not important but just a question that was on my old retired mind while I sit here in Ocala, Fl with nothing to do. Have a great weekend.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Oldironfan, Jazz1 and 48Packard Thank this.
  6. navypoppop

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Hey drivers I have figured it out. I checked the eBay site for truck stop memorbilia and found old matchbooks with the address of the old Union 76 that matches Sapp Bros Clearfield, Pa. stop. I can now put this mystery to sleep. Thanks to all for your reply.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.