Hit and Run Accident At Manheim

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by justcarhaulin, Feb 7, 2018.

1. justcarhaulin

justcarhaulin Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2015
    This happened two days ago at around 11pm at Manheim Fredricksburg, Va. A driver used a puller to pull his cars and stage them in the main truck lot. Apparently a dually pulling a wedge trailer tried to squeeze into a lane but ended up hitting one of the cars totalling it. The dually then took off. The trailer left alot debris i.e lights and pieces of its side box. The car was completely demolished on the front side to the driver's door. The police were there that morning as i was loading. The driver picking up these cars was a local. I really felt sorry for him. Who is gonna pay for the damage? I know the cars were not on his trailer therefore his insurance might find a way to wiggle out of it but the cars were checked out of Manheim. Now am really rethinking about using car pullers and staging cars. Hope they find that sob. With so many cameras at Manheim i think its just a matter of time. Sometimes trouble just comes looking for you. Stay safe drivers.

BigBob410, Hammer166 and baha Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I really feel bad for the trucking company because they will probably be left holding the bag on this one.
    But......
    Having a stager pulling cars and plugging up almost all the transporter parking spots with cars is also starting to get out of hand.
    It’s getting so, and especially with the smaller auctions that the transporter spots are almost always unavailable for loading because of either long term parking of trucks or staged cars.

4. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA

I have thieves and liars. I put hit and run scumbags in the same category.

I hope he does jail time, at least a year would be great.

Society really needs to clamp down in this modern trend of hit and run everywhere. Countless truck stop stories of this garbage too!

BigBob410, Terry270 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  5. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Most likely the trucker will end up eating that car, rarely will insurance cover an unattended car not at your declared domiclile lot. Even when at your own lot and off the truck it is an additional insurance rider to cover storage, since it isn't cargo when not on your truck.

I don't like when cars are pulled and left in the truck spaces, or left for days at a time. That is one thing Newburgh has right, they have an area just for pulled cars to be staged that doesn't interfere with the truck loading area.

Hulld and BigBob410 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.