Hogan Trucking, Save A Lot, Yorktown Indiana

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by SteveBausch, May 10, 2018.

1. SteveBausch

SteveBausch Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hogan Trucking, Save A Lot, Yorktown Indiana

I would prefer to “Report a Mediocre Company”, but I didn’t see that forum as an option.

Let’s begin by saying the recruiter may not be up to date on what the various accounts are experiencing.

Save A Lot Yorktown was NOT expanding; it has lost 14 stores in a rebalancing of the D.C. workloads.

There is talk of “upstream loads” being taken on, but nobody is making promises.

The stores laughed when I mentioned the recruiter denied a problem with turnover.

You will NEVER know what day you are off, or your start time, until you come back at the end of the day.

I asked if I could fix a day or two off, for moonlighting, and the answer was NO.

Most likely six days a week. Or maybe not...

The new guys should be able to live on a gross pay of $800 a week. You will never see $1200, unless the hiring bonus is added in. You may have a slow week, the week of the bonus.

Cheapest insurance is $60 a week for a single person.

The Quallcom/Omnitracs has zero tolerance for any truck movement; “pull forward to apply seal” will void your break, but you won’t know until the console talks to Saint Louis, and your log is edited.

Yeah, it did say 33 minutes, and 8 hours available, but hit the road and it magically vanishes.

DON’T MOVE THE TRUCK WHEN YOU ARE ON BREAK! Tell the shipper to come back in a few minutes.

At the moment, I am averaging $900 a week, I guess, since we don’t get settlement sheets. I added in the cost of insurance, deducted the bonuses.

The ADP smartphone app doesn’t show deductions, just before taxes, after taxes.

Yeah, $900 is close to a thousand a week, but I WAS making $1000, with previous job.

Had my gas turned off, was two weeks late on car payment.

Am NOT staying until things improve.

sevenmph and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Any company that has zero tolerance for any truck movement [ setting off the Quallcomm] I am out. You can't make it out here "at all" if you can't move the #### truck at a shipper/receiver etc sometimes..rediculous!

4. SteveBausch

Oct 15, 2014
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Used to be, Carter Express tolerated less than a mile, less than ten MPH.

5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Yes at least that to be able move and find a place to park when you run out of time at a shiipper/receiver. If I wasnt able to do that..like tonight for instance..I would be sol. ( common sense jeesh)No wonder I see Hogan advertising everywhere and all over craigslist..must be a bunch of cubicle dwellers running them.. Good luck!

6. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    No surprise here, I used to work for a company in STL that leased a few of their daycabs. Some of the biggest piles of #### I’ve ever driven. And blew out a drive tire one night and sat at their Bridgeton terminal SIX hours waiting to get it fixed. They did have a very nice break room at least, as long as you could steer clear of their toothless, redneck drivers that looked and smelled like they hadn’t showered in weeks. That was all I needed to see that night at their terminal that I’d never want to work there ;)

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hogan has a car hauling division I noticed recently. The ones I saw are pulling for Carmax.
    Dry Van | Refrigerated | Dedicated | Team | Livestock | Intermodal | Car Haul

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Western flyer Thanks this.
  8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Haven't heard ONE good story about Hogan. All have said not as much $$ as promised. Have they perfected the JB bait and switch?

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  9. SteveBausch

Oct 15, 2014
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Found another job, starting in June.
    I lasted 90 days.

Just talked to a fellow driver; he’s also quitting (on the same day)

Hard to make informed decisions when the recruiter is lying.

mattymatt and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.