Hoker Trucking - Dixon, IA; Aggressive Boss that will not listen.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BadAz79, Aug 28, 2014.

1. davenjeip

davenjeip Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Port Charlotte, Fl
    Thank you. Seems so obvious now, but never crossed my mind as to it saving fuel. Seems like well worth the $15 a month, IMO.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fatboy42

Fatboy42 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Indiana
    Not having Pre-pass is not the reason you got a ticket. You are the reason you got a ticket. If you do what is legally required you don't get any fines. And if you want a qcomm buy your own truck and install anything you want.

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    My take-

I feel there is truth to both sides of the story. I have to question the owner for posting private information. The information in question is posting that his former companies said do not hire him. That there is confidential information and should not be shared by anyone outside of the company. Also, my advice to the owner is if you withhold money from employees, make sure you do it legally if you already haven't by putting an addendum that states going out of route will cost you x amount of dollars. Also, it is recommendation that any company put another one stating they will withhold your last pay check should you abandon the truck. This will save you time from dealing with lawyers who will go over that job application word for word and try to use it against you.

I'm neutral concluding both sides are true. I believe the op didn't post the whole story. I would like to see it.

KH

5. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    "Vote Quimby!"

6. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

vote for SPONGEBOB !!!!!

not4hire Thanks this.
  7. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN

Bullseye.

Great Post. Many new drivers also think they have to have a 34 hour restart every week, the idea of running with a recap even if they have available hours is just insulting to them. That is also the way it was done a bajillion years before this kid was driving.

We had a new guy where I work crabbing and crying about the factory GPS in his truck, and whining about the XM radio (which the boss pays for) not getting fixed for two weeks. I literally facepalmed right inside the dispatch office when I heard his sob story.

8. Kusanagi

Kusanagi Light Load Member

May 7, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    So, what are the odds the original poster is going to come back?

9. moraramis

moraramis Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    I can only imagine the conversation Hoker will have with BadAz79's future employer that calls asking to validate the times he was employed.

10. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I vote company on this one.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There is absolutely nothing he can say about that. All he is allowed to say is "no I would not hire him back".

Anything beyond that becomes a slander issue.

drvrtech77 and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.